• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Not what I wanted to see on my trail camera.

Not trying to troll. Just seemed crazy for everyone to ASSUME that the person that releases that arrow did so with poor judgement or bad intentions. NONE of us were there! Bad shots happen if you hunt long enough.
Now you are ASSUMING just like everybody else that you criticized when you said that they weren’t making any sense.
Everybody that posted a comment in this thread is entitled to their own opinion and I have no more right to judge them or criticize them for it than you do.

Why didn't the arrow penetrate more than that?

Did somebody try to shoot a deer with a 30 pound recurve bow made for 12-year-old boys to practice with in the backyard???

Why didn't the arrow penetrate more than that?

Did somebody try to shoot a deer with a 30 pound recurve bow made for 12-year-old boys to practice with in the backyard???
Deer are pretty tough animals and their bones can stop arrows that are shot from a compound bow or crossbow, especially arrows that are on the lighter end of the spectrum.

I respect bow hunters like none other but its shots like this that are why I won't do it. I practiced, and practiced, and practiced some more but never truly felt comfortable dropping that arrow, esp when one walks out in front of me. If you are going to bow hunt, you HAVE to be disciplined...I hate it for him. As many have said, he deserved better
This is why I use a crossbow, I have had a compound bow in my hands since a kid... I still prefer the crossbow with a really good quality scope. To me that's the best way to do it if you are going to. Gives you more control, power and accuracy. And boys, don't take the shot unless you are 100% sure you have a good kill shot. Nobody wants this kinda crap.

Back
Top Bottom