• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Not your everyday (crockpot) beenie weenies

Ok, we tried it today. I thought it was great. The wife and son thought maybe it was a little too sweet.

I think next time we may use beans other than kidney sometimes the skin is tough. Also maybe a spicy sausage??? Andouille???

Ok, we tried it today. I thought it was great. The wife and son thought maybe it was a little too sweet.

I think next time we may use beans other than kidney sometimes the skin is tough. Also maybe a spicy sausage??? Andouille???

I thought it tasted great too but I can see how some people may think it's a little sweet.

I had some for breakfast this morning lol. I'm with ya on the skins...didn't really bother me but some were a little tough...may try some different beans or a combination of next time...

Man that looks good. I got heartburn and the screaming ****z just looking at the pictures.
It's not hot at all, but it does have the large can of tomatoes...

I brought a bunch over here to my in-laws and I think they're about to fight over it. My mother-in-law had a few bites and my father-in-law grabbed the rest and mixed it all in with his leftover boston butt. I think she wants to punch him lol...

image.jpg
Thanks for the recipe.
Looks good.

Where'd you get the crock pot condom?

You're welcome!

I'm starting to see a trend with your posts...lmao

Not sure where my wife picked it up, crockpot liners...had to be Kroger, Publix, or Wal-Mart...they are definitely worth it!

Good idea on the "liners"

Late to the party but we've used the liners for years. Find them with the foil and sammich bags.

Making it again today and gonna have it tomorrow...

I made a couple of small changes. I used 1/4 cup of brown sugar instead of 1/2 cup because it was maybe a little too sweet last time. I used 2 cans of kidney beans and 2 cans of pinto beans this time. And I used 2lbs of sausage this time---1lb smoked and 1lb kielbasa.

It looks awesome. Can't wait to find out if the changes are a hit...

20171210_135130.jpg

Making it again today and gonna have it tomorrow...

I made a couple of small changes. I used 1/4 cup of brown sugar instead of 1/2 cup because it was maybe a little too sweet last time. I used 2 cans of kidney beans and 2 cans of pinto beans this time. And I used 2lbs of sausage this time---1lb smoked and 1lb kielbasa.

It looks awesome. Can't wait to find out if the changes are a hit...

View attachment 1420486

Forgot to report back, I liked it better this time. Cutting down on the brown sugar and adding an extra pound of sausage definitely made it less sweet. I liked the 2 different beans also.

However, my sister-in-law liked it better last time. She texted me yesterday and requested that I make them again!

Back
Top Bottom