• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Not your Grandpa's Sportster anymore...

Why does it have to have a sissy bar and ape hangers with leather tassels hanging out the end to be a Harley. Now that pic is a Harley I would own in a second. Some of the Harleys look like the Honda Road King jobs. With carry bags and plastic luggage racks and a big fairing and windscreen. I like an aggressive look and different strokes for different folks as they say. The V-Rod was awesome but it was the price of a cheap home. They need something like that in the Sub 15,000 range to attract buyers that like that style of bike.

I just looked at it again, not thinking 'Harley'. The riding position is a joke. Legs spread like you're at the proctologist bent over for the big one.

It's a Sportster - so I'm guessing they would rather you not buy it for the styling than not buy it because it's the cheap, entry level, boring model.

It's a Sportster - so I'm guessing they would rather you not buy it for the styling than not buy it because it's the cheap, entry level, boring model.
They are trying to appeal to someone but I'm not sure who. Breaks my heart to see this. I wish I had not opened the post. I've never though of a Sportster as boring.

They are trying to appeal to someone but I'm not sure who. Breaks my heart to see this. I wish I had not opened the post. I've never though of a Sportster as boring.
Maybe boring isn't the right word, though it's fairly plain in comparison to the rest of the lineup. Sometimes a controversial restyle can shake things up in a positive way. Still it shouldn't be a big deal at all. The 883 and 1200 models are still in the there lineup - looking as Fonzie as they always have. ;)

Well we're old school. And as far as I'm concerned there's nothing wrong with that. That said it is pretty cool. The rider's possition looks like it would be comfortable. One thing I don't get is a single seat and it looks like it could be larger with more padding. But again what do I know, I'm old school.....

I've never been a Harley guy, but I really like the 2021 Sport Glide.

2021 SG.png

Well we're old school. And as far as I'm concerned there's nothing wrong with that. That said it is pretty cool. The rider's possition looks like it would be comfortable. One thing I don't get is a single seat and it looks like it could be larger with more padding. But again what do I know, I'm old school.....
I think one reason it doesn't bother me - to me it looks a little like the modern version of something that a Knievel would use to jump over buses and fountains.
NMAH-95-3221.jpg

Back
Top Bottom