• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NOVUS CAN

77REBELBOWTIE

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
I have a couple of different weapons I'd like to run a suppressor on, from time to time. These would be 5.56, 300AAC, 22LR, and 9mm. I have pistol length and carbine length in all of these. A few questions I have about suppressors are:
Do you have to run different suppressors on pistols and carbines?
How well do multicaliber cans work?
What cans are better?
Anyone tried the Novus can from Enfield Rifle Company?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Regarding different cans for pistols/carbines... for your firearms that use center fire rifle cartridges make sure to check the minimum barrel length ratings for the can(s) you want to use on them. The shorter the barrel the higher the pressure and amount of fire the can is going to see.

Also, 22LR is one of the more dirty cartridges out there, depositing lots of lead & crud in your suppressor. Plan on getting something that can be cleaned mechanically/chemically (ie: stainless steel baffles). Don't use a sealed suppressor on .22LR.

I'm not familiar with the Novus, but it is a clever approach coming with 3 sets of differently sized aperture baffles installed. Looks pretty cool.

So if a can states a 7.5" barrel, that means it should be good for a longer barrel?
The lgs I'm going through sells Gemtech and Rugged. I know Gemtech has a good reputation. The rugged has the ability to be shortened. Would it be a better choice?

Liberty mystic X would be a good one stop option for you. Only issue might be the pistol length 5.56 just depends on barrel length.
The AR hosts that I have are 5.56 7.5" and 16", 300AAC 10.5" and 16", 9mm 7.5" and 16", along with a couple pistols in 9mm, .22LR, and 45ACP, plus a 16" .22LR. I'm ok with having two different suppressors that are serviceable.

Not gonna be many cans that can handle 7.5 inch AR and even the ones that can are not gonna be close to hearing safe. If you wanna suppress the 7.5 I'd get a dedicated 556 or 30 cal rifle can. Other than that the cosmic can do everything else.
If I wanted two suppressors and that was all I was ever gonna have I'd get a Liberty Cosmic or mystic as they can do almost all rifle stuff along with all pistol calibers and then a dedicated 22 can. Rifles are loud, I do suppress most of my rifles but mostly bc I can. I still wear hearing protection with them. The best bang for buck performance wise is gonna be pistol can rimfire suppressors.

I think you need to sit down and say what do I actually plan to suppress and is it worth suppressing. If your goal is to shoot with no ears then you are really only looking at suppressing the 300, and your pistol and rimfire stuff.

I would check with Dead Air as their suppressors have no minimum barrel length restriction. They have mounts that allow you to use other brand suppressors with their mount. If suppression is your main concern, I'd go Sandman series or Nomad. For pistol, the Liberty Mystic X upgraded core will cover a number of calibers.

Back
Top Bottom