• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NRL .22lr Match in Tallapoosa, Ga 9/18

I’ve found that for me personally, the Eley Match shoots really good. Today I also shot some Eley Club and it actually shot decently as well, and is half the price
Mine shot Eley decently. SK rifle match shot really well, and Lapua Center-x seems to run the best.

I don’t personally think it’s the rifle setup. It’s all eye strain related, which I sometimes feel anyway when shooting for long periods of time as I am cross-eye dominate and I still shoot right handed (with both eyes open). I think it is just me getting use to finding the right spot every time that will take some of that fatigue away.

When do you dial versus hold? I felt like when I was trying to shoot my KYL target today at 110ish yards I needed the magnification up some more to feel comfortable with my hold over. Would you dial for a shot like that versus hold over? I guess the better question is, when do you feel the need to dial versus hold over?
I try to dial as much as I can, if you have the time, dialing is probably best. It really just depends on the stage though and how the targets are laid out.

I don’t personally think it’s the rifle setup. It’s all eye strain related, which I sometimes feel anyway when shooting for long periods of time as I am cross-eye dominate and I still shoot right handed (with both eyes open). I think it is just me getting use to finding the right spot every time that will take some of that fatigue away.

When do you dial versus hold? I felt like when I was trying to shoot my KYL target today at 110ish yards I needed the magnification up some more to feel comfortable with my hold over. Would you dial for a shot like that versus hold over? I guess the better question is, when do you feel the need to dial versus hold over?
"I think it is just me getting use to finding the right spot every time."

Yes. Rifle not set up correctly. Make your rifle fit you. Not you fit the rifle.

Time typically determines whether I hold or dial. If I know I have enough time, I will dial. Especially on something like a Kyl rack if I'm stationary and the target is stationary. Will also crank up the magnification as well.

Mine shot Eley decently. SK rifle match shot really well, and Lapua Center-x seems to run the best.

I try to dial as much as I can, if you have the time, dialing is probably best. It really just depends on the stage though and how the targets are laid out.
I've run some Lapua Center-x as well and it is in-line with the Eley Match for me.

Dial or hold...I'm just ready to see what this NRL22 stuff is all about!

I've run some Lapua Center-x as well and it is in-line with the Eley Match for me.

Dial or hold...I'm just ready to see what this NRL22 stuff is all about!
It’ll be a blast. I’ll be out there too. It’ll be good to see another tikka out there.
Just get ready, this sport gets expensive quick if you let it haha.

It’ll be a blast. I’ll be out there too. It’ll be good to see another tikka out there.
Just get ready, this sport gets expensive quick if you let it haha.
Agreed. The wife and I shoot steel challenges together, we both run very similar guns that I built up and they added up in cost, quickly...but it's worth it for the fun

I've been up since 5:30am dealing with a minor shut off valve leak under our sink...awaiting time to head to the RBGC Steel challenge with the wife. So...what better time for a few additional questions...

1) Are you all members of the NRL22?

2) Will we all be using the same "pre-set" shooting mat or do we need to bring our own for the prone stages? My mat is super comfy, but it's big...one of those Midway mats that fold up into a large square shape with handles to carry it. I can bring it if anyone wants to use it for a stage, didn't know the protocol there...

3) Are we going to be shooting from concrete/covered firing lines? If not, I have a tent I use when me and the brother-in-law attend track days. Easy to setup, should I bring it for one of the stages or general use by all?

CCC93731-DF18-4153-A5D7-5FF8301257B3.jpg

I've been up since 5:30am dealing with a minor shut off valve leak under our sink...awaiting time to head to the RBGC Steel challenge with the wife. So...what better time for a few additional questions...

1) Are you all members of the NRL22?

2) Will we all be using the same "pre-set" shooting mat or do we need to bring our own for the prone stages? My mat is super comfy, but it's big...one of those Midway mats that fold up into a large square shape with handles to carry it. I can bring it if anyone wants to use it for a stage, didn't know the protocol there...

3) Are we going to be shooting from concrete/covered firing lines? If not, I have a tent I use when me and the brother-in-law attend track days. Easy to setup, should I bring it for one of the stages or general use by all?

View attachment 3496727
I am an Nrl22 member, it’s helpful if you want to track how well you did, and support the growth of the sport.

It wouldnt hurt to bring your shooting mat. This is the first match so it will really be a good test to see how things run.

Wade is shooting a centerfire match today, so he may not respond right away, but I’m not sure about wether or not there is cover at all stages.

West GA Precision 22LR West GA Precision 22LR

MH9axPHiQkGo3Ejl+7rJKA.jpg

My attempt at setting up the "Remember Ladder 4" stage to dry fire in the basement and figure out how I'm going to shoot each position...this isn't going to be as easy as I thought it might look.

Back
Top Bottom