• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Numrich to the rescue! (Update!)

Nob0dy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
318   0
Reaction score
So recently I pick up a PTR 91 from a fellow ODTer in a trade. Well the guy before him used wood screws to mount rail sections around the hand guard. Mind you this is the original hand guard, that cost $150 new if you can find one. Secondly he put a Tapco stock on the rear of the PTR. Also the guy used duct tape and wrapped it around the pistol grip and placed a Hogue grip around that.

Well I like to make stuff look original so I bought a OD green HK stock and slim hand guard. Little did I know the slim hand guard will not fit on my PTR 91. The hand guard is too long. Anyways I searched high and low for a OD green wide hand guard on my PTR and wasn't having any luck. Seem like they were all sold out or I couldn't find the right color.

Well low and behold Numrich had some in stock for $85 so I hurried up and bought one. Can't wait to put it all together. I just hope its not too good to be true and I get a email tomorrow saying they are out of stock. From my understanding Numrich does a good job of keeping up to date parts information. As in what they have and what is out of stock.

Well.....only time will tell.

Here is what it look like now:

20170711_085221.jpg

Yeah it used to be Gun Parts Corp. I don't know where the Numrich name came from. I used to have their catalog from the late 90s. It was about the size of the New York phone book. I ordered Sten mags for about $5.00 each from them way back when. I also got a new old stock real walnut stock for my father's Ted Williams (Sears) shotgun. I'm probably gonna order a 7 round mag tube for my JC Higgins shotgun I just got.

Back
Top Bottom