• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NVG on a budget

Jackspack

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Addicted to the Shindig
866   0
Reaction score
I know you get what you pay for but I am thinking about adding NVG to my kit. Any suggestions? The last thread on here was from 2012. What do I want it for? Whatever. Just wanted to see what's going on when the world goes dark.

Not in the "budget" world. I have hundreds of hours with military grade nv as a crew chief and for nv on a budget before you get into the tnvc level this stuff isn't bad

Last edited:
I got a cheap one used at a pawn shop that thought it was broken for like $50. alot of the newer cheap ones use an IR camera and transmit to a tiny video display in the eyepiece. movement is blurry, and its hard to pick things up. The display isnt dimmable so the black and white can f up your night vision. That being said, if i ever have to walk home in the dark, it will be nice to know what is around the corner without using a 500,000,000 lumen tactical spotlight.

I am saving up for a 14. But for $50 i feel it is worth it.

Freedom group sucks, but are you going to tell people that bushmaster, remington, para, and AAC suck? He asked about the product not the owners.

The products suck also .I have had them side by side with other products and they suck and so does the company . I have only handled their upper end stuff so if they suck wouldn't anything under suck as well ?

Back
Top Bottom