• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NYC trouble - threads merged on 12.4

What would you recommend

• Fight it all the way. Fight everything, including the illegal search

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Make a deal. Know when to fold and know when to walk away

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Fire the attorneys and "HANDLE" it like a man. DIY.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Make sure you wear white "T"s and boxer shorts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TACOS

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
I sure as heck would never set foot in NY again. Dodge the court date? Go on the lamb? Is NY going to come after him down here? I am not a lawyer. Rikers Island should scare the hell out of anybody.

Check out the Firearm Owners Protection Act (FOPA). It may not apply if the purpose of the trip was to visit his friends in NYC, but if he happened to be driving through...

Wow, tell him good luck and to watch his cornhole. He's spending some time in the slammer. Also why did they want to search his car in the first place?

There is no reason for a sane American to EVER go to NYC. Thus he should be able to plead temporary insanity.
Sounds like a pretty solid defense strategy to me. LOL

Seriously though, I hate to hear that about your buddy.

Yet another reason to ALWAYS refuse anytime a cop asks to search you or your property. Even if you have nothing to hide, the answer should always be NO.

Broken headlight, gun in car, ignorant of NYC gun laws.......so perpetuates the myth of the typical Southerner in NYC. Looks like he's in deep trouble. I've found out in the last twenty years that just driving through with a GA tag tends to get you a Police Cruiser alongside for a quick glance. If he went up in a truck it's even worse....lots of roads don't allow pickups on them.

Back
Top Bottom