• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NYC trouble - threads merged on 12.4

What would you recommend

• Fight it all the way. Fight everything, including the illegal search

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Make a deal. Know when to fold and know when to walk away

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Fire the attorneys and "HANDLE" it like a man. DIY.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Make sure you wear white "T"s and boxer shorts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TACOS

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
New York is a great place....New York City not so much. Unfortunately you have to go through the city to get to some of the good places. Sorta like Atlanta GA! Give Atlanta another 20 years...................

IMG_20170603_124312.jpg
If he doesn't show in court, a warrant will be issued, and the next time he gets pulled over, or gets his data entered, for any reason, he gets handed this.

That really sucks but reinforces something every Georgia gun owner should do before crossing state lines - know the damned gun laws of every state (and maybe cities) before traveling through them.

Sad, but necessary.

I sure as heck would never set foot in NY again. Dodge the court date? Go on the lamb? Is NY going to come after him down here? I am not a lawyer. Rikers Island should scare the hell out of anybody.
hopefully you earlier part is a joke. It's doubtful they would come down for him but he would have warrant forwarded to his local agency and it would show up on ncic, depending on how harsh they are towards him may even get marshal service after him if he did that.

I'm honestly surprised they let him bond out with a court date and leave the state. Many of felony bond outs I've seen lately have ankle monitors, atleast in the metro Atlanta area. Good luck to your friend, he's gonna need it. I can almost guarantee you the judge or arresting officers or both told him ignorance of the law is no excuse.

You already said the best advice, try to contact the NRA yo see about a lawyer. That's about his only hope, a public defender is no good especially a Yankee public defender defending a southerner

Back
Top Bottom