• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NYC trouble - threads merged on 12.4

What would you recommend

• Fight it all the way. Fight everything, including the illegal search

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Make a deal. Know when to fold and know when to walk away

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Fire the attorneys and "HANDLE" it like a man. DIY.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Make sure you wear white "T"s and boxer shorts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TACOS

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
Okay Fellas, Updated on 12.4:

Details left out in the storyline earlier. The kid is just a down to earth person in his mid 20's. He would easily pass for your son or mine. Definitely a Millennial and naive. Quite smart. Top Tier I grad school with GMAT over 720. To the average joe, it means he's about 94 percent tile in scoring. Out of 100 other kids that took the exam that day, only 6 did better than him. Those 6 with the proper background can easily get into Harvard/Stanford or Duke business school. How do I know this? I gave a lecture to a class as a favor to an old professor of mine. He and several other students stood out that day a couple of years ago. Fast forward...I hired him as an intern.

Well...he didn't exactly work out. He's all book smart and just didnt fit in. A cross between "beautiful mind" and good will hunting, it was just awkward. Come to find out, his father passed away early in his life and both his parents were some sort of scientists (computer or defense industry type). He didnt have much of a father figure other than an on and off again uncle. His Mother is retired and just wont support him anymore. Said to him to strike out on his own and pave his own future.

The kiddo is stuck in the millennial trap. Meaning he wants to achieve an impactful career and wants to work towards success but knows nothing about how to do it and has no guidance of any sort. So he improvises. A typical person goes from a hunt/gatherer mind frame to one that sows/reaps the land. Meaning a person would typically progress from having a job, putting food on the table, then moves to saving some money, get housing, and acquire furniture and etc... meaning, at some point, your life starts to grow and you accumulate stuff.

No, not him. He wants to be successful right away. He gets a job, he needs nothing else. He thinks...Why pay rent if he can just buy a nice car and sleep in it. Car is paid for and basically without an overhead of rent and utilities, he can save faster and achieve more in a shorter time period. He sees those things as anchors in his life. Maybe that's true! who am I or anyone to judge? But we are talking a CAR. Not a VAN, not even the "breaking bad" winnebago.

Why is this history even relevant?
Well, he is currently out on bond. He has been arrested in NYC for Felony possession of a firearm. It's deep doo-doo stuff in NYC. It's not to be trifled with. His attorney called me up because I'm basically his only reference. His attorney from NYC said they (the team) met him and they wonder if it's a normal thing here in Georgia that people sleep in their cars? They are looking to find ways to defend him and get him past this hurdle in his life but they have a hard time convincing the DA that he's not some lone wolf guy that's gonna be the next TED KAC ZYNSKI (AKA the Unabomber).

His paid attorneys said they get that he's some sort of a brilliant prodigy type kid an yet...too socially awkward to speak up for himself should they end up in court. No way will they ever let him speak to the DA. the DA would have a field day with his awkwardness and hesitate to dismiss the case or resolve it in a deal.

So the defense attorneys asked me if I am willing to talk to the DA and help him out. Talk about his internship and things that he worked on. To help provide some color to this much needed kiddo's background that no one else seems to have connected with. Apparently, he has few friends. Go figure. Can't really go on a date or meet up with your friends while driving your house around or can you?

The call with the DA hasn't happened yet. It's an ongoing affair. This is the latest update. What would you do?

Back
Top Bottom