• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NYC trouble - threads merged on 12.4

What would you recommend

• Fight it all the way. Fight everything, including the illegal search

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Make a deal. Know when to fold and know when to walk away

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Fire the attorneys and "HANDLE" it like a man. DIY.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Make sure you wear white "T"s and boxer shorts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TACOS

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
Zero Tolerance... Lived in NYS first 21 years... You had to get a carry permit. It was like an act of God to get one..
you needed 3 Letters of Reference (LOR):

1. Had to be a member of the Clergy, and write a LOR.
2. Someone had to write a LOR that new you for more than 10 years.
3. I believe a LOR from a co worker.

My dad applied in 79' at 55 years old. we knew the pistol permit clerk. It took nearly a year.

BTW, The permit was not valid in the 5 Borough's of NYC. and A couple surrounding counties. If he went in with it he would have faced a felony charge...

Almost everyone I know (including family) has left NJ. I have some cousins that are still there, but their siblings left as well.
A few years back I was eating at a restaurant here in Ga. There was an old loud mouth SOB sitting with his wife a couple tables over raising hell about something in his thick yankee accent. He just kept repeating over and over "This wasn't how we did it in Jersey!"

Being the polite Southerner I am, I didn't say anything, but I kept thinking "If Jersey was so great, why did you move down here?"

I wish @letusbuyyourcar had been with me. I probably would've gotten a good laugh out of what he would've said to the old man.

Back
Top Bottom