• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Obtaining an SBR without CWP eligibility

David hainer

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
23   0
Reaction score
OK so before anyone jumps my ass, I am legal to purchase firearms. I have bought several firearms at gander mountain, academy, gun shops etc. Basically I was on probation when I was 18 for reckless driving and in Georgia you cannot obtain a carry permit until 5 years after you are off probation (22 almost 23 now so about 1-1/2 years left). My question is would I be denied for an SBR or suppressor for this same reason if I applied or would it not matter?

I've never seen the 5 years after probation law. Any link? If you are legally allowed to purchase a firearm you should be able to obtain a GWL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what I was told at the probate court. They told me not to even waste my money until 5 years after the date of my probation completion.

This is what I was told at the probate court. They told me not to even waste my money until 5 years after the date of my probation completion.

I would double check that with a lawyer. That does not sound right. NFA weapon should be good to go if you ACC purchase a gun as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after a little reading you have to request some sort of pardon and restoration of rights after 5 years, but I don't think a reckless driving would fall under that category. I'm tempted to go just apply for my GWL but I don't wanna lose out on 75$

So after a little reading you have to request some sort of pardon and restoration of rights after 5 years, but I don't think a reckless driving would fall under that category. I'm tempted to go just apply for my GWL but I don't wanna lose out on 75$
I know some felons, depending on the offense can get a restoration of rights after a time, but like you I don't know if reckless driving would apply to this.

Do you know if you were charged with a felony or misdemeanor? If not just go to your local Sheriff or PD, and pull your criminal history report.

Back
Top Bottom