• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Obviously I'm not a Georgia fan, but this is a good read

Its kinda strange but Kirby has still yet to beat a West division team on the road. However he's unbeaten at home. Has nothing to do with the game this season but it is a trend.
Here's hoping he's able to break that trend when LSU comes to Athens this year. :cool:

Jaylon Smith was considered one of the best linebacker prospects and was going to be a very high, top five, draft choice. In Jaylon Smith's case, he blew out a knee in the bowl game and did not go in the first round, but ended up going 34th in the second round. Should he have gone in the top five, as projected by some draft experts, his contract would be in the $20 million range. Instead, he got $4.4 million. I realize that to most of us $4.4 million is a great pay check. But by playing in the bowl game, he cost his family $16 million dollars, most of which would have been guaranteed. Plus, his ability to negotiate a second contract, with the team that drafted him, was pushed back a year. Was the bowl game worth what he paid for playing? How many of you if you had the ability to play at that top tier level would give up $16 million dollars to play what amounts to a meaningless bowl game? I would guess, if you are truthful, you would not play if you knew how much it would cost you and your family.

It is possible to buy insurance for these types of situations.

Failure to show up is one thing. It happens. Failure to show up because you're pissed off and vocal about not being in the playoffs is pretty damn sad. Richt handled it well in 2007 Sugar Bowl against Hawaii. Kirby Smart has some growing as a head coach to do.

Only thing is, doesn't explain the 20 point loss in the LSU game.

I think the article addresses the same issue. UGA thought they could just show up and LSU would fold...

Heck, we did not even produce 3 quarters of effort prior to the Tech game. Two quarters here and there were enough. Zero at the LSU game. Tech got 3 and Bama got 3.

Three was enough for Tech, not enough for Bama. DID NOT FINISH.

Back
Top Bottom