• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OC rules

I saw a uniformed security guard using an inside the waist band holster. The clip was attached to the belt but the gun/holster was worn outside like a real holster. It was a cheap nylon one. Retention value level -1.

Not offended one bit. Nothing wrong with honoring your ancestors, even if its arguable whether or not they were on the right side of history, but there are ways of preserving that history that don't involve advertising it on your clothing. I mean, who else does that? lol. You're certainly free to make that choice but to me folks who do so are really just advertising the fact they have a huge chip on their shoulder. You lost. You can let it go now. We're all Americans now.

I'm not an apologist for slavery, but: Not being a native, when I moved to the South, I felt the same way. I soon learned that what the rest of the country teaches about the conflict, isn't necessarily enough to get the whole picture of what the fight was really about. It wasn't just about protecting the "right" of a small minority to own slaves. A lot of propaganda was used to get people into the fight, and continues to be propagated. You have the northern version, now find some good Southern historians/economists/sociologists, go in with an open mind, and learn. It could take a lifetime to fully understand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom