• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Odd ammo

The 148 GR Lead Hollow-Base Wad-Cutter is one of the most accurate .38 Special rounds made.
They are soft shooting with a minimal report ... making them an excellent training round.
Many compare it to shooting a .22 ! Further, as stated above, these can be a deadly self-defense round.
Rather than "shooting through" a target, they unload their energy directly into the target with nothing wasted in exiting. They literally "cut a wad" wound channel into their target and typically unload their kinetic energy extremely fast.

Try shooting pop bottles/cans filled with water and compare their action to a standard 158 GR lead projectile.
You will observe near "Tannerite Performance" at no cost!

As an aside: Some guys load the 148 GR Wadcutter "Inverted" with a gas-check (think: Huge Hollow-point). The gas check allows much higher muzzle velocities, and much, much more explosive performance. Some claim blowing a 2x4 clean in-two!

Loaded to first grease groove.

If you use a speedloader they will load easier than fully seated wad cutters,

Not much more fun than making those perfectly round holes in a paper target.

I'm thinking you're referring to semi-wad cutters cause these are like every wadcutter I've ever seen.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Two types of .38 wadcutters -

Grease grooves, per the OP -
38-special-150-grain-lead-wadcutter.jpg

No grease grooves. Loaded flush with the brass. Ga. Arms example. These are quite often hollow based.
g38f__71021.1386135435.jpg

Smooth (knurled) bullet

599723.jpg

Grease groove - same bullet type, same weight

918582.jpg

Two types of .38 wadcutters -

Grease grooves, per the OP -
38-special-150-grain-lead-wadcutter.jpg

No grease grooves. Loaded flush with the brass. Ga. Arms example. These are quite often hollow based.
g38f__71021.1386135435.jpg

Smooth (knurled) bullet

599723.jpg

Grease groove - same bullet type, same weight

918582.jpg
I'm familiar with the different types of wad Cutters. I was responding to the op and that he may get be getting confused with a more common looking round like a semi wadcutter.
aaeacdad1aa38e286eaf3ab6918d5b08.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom