• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Odds of me seeing my 401k

Asking non gun advice on ODT…ymmv. But you guys think democrats would do that? I mean it’s Americans only thing left that gives them some kind of autonomy. You don’t think that Americans who lose a portion of their 401k won’t vote out these morons? Or are there enough non-saving morons to cancel out any effect of the savers vote?

Not that I would ever vote Democrat, but there are enough people on the fence with regards to voting that I think it would be a nail in the coffin for them if they took peoples savings.
The trick of it would be initially setting a high enough threshold that the vast majority of voters wouldn't care. For example, start with annually 1% of assets in retirement accounts in excess of $10 million. Many people would go for it. Same could be true of means testing social security. As long as it only affects a small percentage of Americans, it could be popular. It's easy to be generous with other people's money.

Heard on the radio about 2 days ago the Feds want to tax, levy, seize accounts with more than 25 million in them, because "nobody needs that much money". 'cept the gub'ment of course.

you biden voters are a little touchy on the steal. Must of hit a nerve.

Assuming you're replying to my comment- I'm a registered republican, and no fan of Biden whatsoever.

I'm willing to consider the possibility that the election was, in fact, stolen. Can you provide me 1 shred of credible evidence(by credible, I mean something more than the crack-addled rantings of the my pillow guy, for example).

I don’t want to derail the thread. But, when places block the inspectors, loose data, and the Supreme Court refuses to hear the case, it doesn’t take a MIT grad to see something isn’t right.

The govt will never “take“ 401K type saving. I see what is coming. All the evil people who have saved money will have all retirement benefits only available on a needs basis. As long as you have more than a few hundred dollars of money or property you will get no retirement benefits. How long will 500,000 last if you have to pay for housing, insurance, medication and CoPays with 0 dollars coming in.

The govt will never “take“ 401K type saving. I see what is coming. All the evil people who have saved money will have all retirement benefits only available on a needs basis. As long as you have more than a few hundred dollars of money or property you will get no retirement benefits. How long will 500,000 last if you have to pay for housing, insurance, medication and CoPays with 0 dollars coming in.
Leftist government has had their eyes on that pool of money for a LONG time. I remember back under Clinton (first term). One of his rabid leftist money gurus, Teresa Ghilarducci, wanted to assess a 15% fee on ALL retirement accounts... part of Hillary's redo of the medical plan she had...

The first step is complete. Convince the idiots we need trillions of dollars in improvements to infrastructure which is really just a mechanism to route money to the friends of Democrats Once inflation robs the people who have saved money and wrecked the economy then step two can take place by dividing us further.

All they have to to to take all they want is change the tax laws and tax rates. The money is not yours, it is held in limbo. If they decide they want it in a "communal account" rather than a private account, they will "let" you cash out at any time, at a very increased tax rate from what you anticipated. If that isn't "taking" I don't know what is.

I don’t want to derail the thread. But, when places block the inspectors, loose data, and the Supreme Court refuses to hear the case, it doesn’t take a MIT grad to see something isn’t right.
Does it also smell fishy to you that nobody has actually provided any real evidence of fraud? Or the fact that Trump's own lawyers produced no evidence, and now that they're being sued for defamation, they are all admitting that their claims were opinion only, and never meant to be taken as fact?
Personally the thing I find fishiest of all is that democrats would be able to pull off this grand fraud to steal the presidency, but not bother to give themselves any other victories on those ballots? Seriously, what's more likely, Dems pulled off a grand conspiracy against one dude and left all the other elections on the ballot alone, or the guy who never had 50% approval, lost?

Back
Top Bottom