• I order my tacos in threes.

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters

Horsehat

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Doulus tou Theou
114   0
Reaction score
mods, if this is in the wrong area please move, we need a fitness and wellness forum, by the way.
I am probably in better shape than the average American 63 year old but really want to kick my fitness up a notch. Beginning Monday I am going to hit a more intense workout regimen and focus on diet including calorie reduction and increasing protein intake for the next 7 weeks until Monday October 8. One key metric I am looking for is weight reduction, I want to go from 208 where I am currently to 195 during this time. Other goals are harder to quantify but also important such as improving my cardio vascular system and improving core strength and increased endurance. Will probably track length of time I can plank and number of push-ups as well as weight.
Will be posting my results here each Monday. As misery loves company it would be great if some other fat old guys or even fit younger guys wanted to join me in this. Not looking for wagers on this just improving what is probably the greatest determinate of quality of life in later years, fitness.
Hope you will join me.

3630-main-1024x915.jpg

I just lost 20lbs with diet change but I am still a slug in regards to activity. So I’m in. You going to lay out some sort of baseline test to improve on for us? Ex. #of push/pull ups, time in plank, stuff like that and maybe some sort of cardio base line. I’m not sure what that would be.

Going to post time in plank, number of push-ups and weight, any other metric you can think of that would be beneficial I would be glad to include. 1mile run time might be a good one but I have had a plantar fascia problem for the last two months and had to lay off running, my cardio will be on a stationary bike, so got me run time would be a no go. Thanks for joining in.
I just lost 20lbs with diet change but I am still a slug in regards to activity. So I’m in. You going to lay out some sort of baseline test to improve on for us? Ex. #of push/pull ups, time in plank, stuff like that and maybe some sort of cardio base line. I’m not sure what that would be.

Going to post time in plank, number of push-ups and weight, any other metric you can think of that would be beneficial I would be glad to include. 1mile run time might be a good one but I have had a plantar fascia problem for the last two months and had to lay off running, my cardio will be on a stationary bike, so got me run time would be a no go. Thanks for joining in.

I’ll think about it today and post up later. I can’t run cause of my knees. I could do a lap time around Stone Mountain on the bike. Do you bicycle?

I decided to "get in shape" at the end of may beginning of June, with my 40th bday being in July. I am at the gym 6 days a week for strength training, a couple days of cardio, and starting to work the heavy bag. I have lost 10lbs and 2 in off my gut, plenty of work to go. I will keep an eye on this thread for sure! I feel much better and alot of aches and pains have gone away

Baseline, need the baseline.....

Now that I have fully eclipsed the age to belong to AARP and get my 25% discount at GoodWill and Kroger, I’m currently at 235 wanting to get down to at least 220 or less.
Running,more like a airborne shuffle 10+ miles a week
Biking on my stationary bike avg 8+ miles a day (30 min)
Looking into getting back in to Krav Maga,took my first class last Saturday
Have a heavy bag as well, but that’s just been a frustration eliminator so far

Looking to increase my strength as best as I can (limited due to injuries)
Stamina could be better,not looking into getting back to my SF days but still I wouldn’t mind if I can smoke a few snowflakes in some of the 5K and 10k runs I do.

I’m interesting to see how your going to set up you base line,considering we are close to the same age
Would very much like to max the AFPT test they just came out with

Back
Top Bottom