Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I watch triathlons on tv, so yeah.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I really need to work on this.

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • I order my tacos in threes.

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters
This looks good and is easy to quantify, it would also be highly relevant to my personal goals. My starting pull up number will be easy to build on. I am good going with this but would urge others to add or delete to personalize your goals.

lol I think we have the same pull up number

The easiest way to lose weight is by putting in less than you are taking out.
Lay off the fired foods and eating crap in general. Pizza, burgers, fries, fast foods in general. Potato chips will put junk in your trunk.
I absolutely agree with this, you can't out train a bad diet. Weight loss is not the sole outcome I am seeking though and for those goals work is required.

Will start a fresh thread Monday at the start.

Going to use these metrics, folks can customize as meets their goals. This is not about beating someone else in a contest to me but moving the needle as far as I can personally. It is fun to compare and keeps me motivated to know others are in the same fight.

Agreed. I am hoping having a little accountability and something to record and report will encourage me to stop procrastinating and do something. I am going to fill in this chart sometime this weekend with my starting data.

Agreed. I am hoping having a little accountability and something to record and report will encourage me to stop procrastinating and do something. I am going to fill in this chart sometime this weekend with my starting data.

Weighing twice a day and recording it is the best diet, at least you can't say that you weren't aware.

Whenever I venture from my routine, it shows up on the scale, whether is gain or lose.

I usually weight 2 pounds heavier in the AM than the PM.

Weighing twice a day and recording it is the best diet, at least you can't say that you weren't aware.

Whenever I venture from my routine, it shows up on the scale, whether is gain or lose.

I'm more in this for a movement increase rather than a weight decrease. My daily routine involves driving a desk and driving a truck. I need to moooooooove

I'm more in this for a movement increase rather than a weight decrease. My daily routine involves driving a desk and driving a truck. I need to moooooooove

You activity will show in those twice a day weigh ins.

Push mower?

Do you circle the parking lot to find the closest parking spot, that isn't handicapped?

My job is physical. I am on my feet all day doing body work and I use a push mower. The problem is I have been going out for lunch with the guy's and getting a biscuit for breakfast. This puts on the lbs and zaps my energy level. When I make breakfast and pack a lunch I eat healthy and my energy level goes way up. When I cook my diet consists of chicken, fish, eggs, fresh vegetables and fruit. High protein low carb. I try to be creative when cooking so I do not get bored eating the same thing over and over again. I very seldom drink soda or caffeine drinks. Water is my beverage of choice. I do drink beer, but only a couple on the weekend. I need to exercise. When I do I feel way better. It is difficult to get into a routine.

I’ve lost lost about 18 lbs in the past few months. Improved my workouts, starting walking to the gym instead of driving, cleaned up my diet, cut my carbs, upped my protein intake, ate at least 6 small meals a day. I weighed myself in the morning and wrote my weight with a dry erase marker on the mirror. I still need to drop some more fat and I’d love to gain more muscle, harder to do for me. Also need to do more cardio to improve my heart health. Hard to run- awful knees.

I’m up to an ODT workout plan. I like the APFT, but not sure my knees can handle the run. I’m up for whatever you guys decide.

Push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups. Etc.

You activity will show in those twice a day weigh ins.

Push mower?

Do you circle the parking lot to find the closest parking spot, that isn't handicapped?

It shows on my step counter too. That's how I know how bad it is.

I park far out, walk a couple miles with the wife in the evenings, bought a stand up/sit down computer stand, pace during phone calls, etc., etc., etc. Activity level is relative to the individual. I have been in construction since I was a kid. over the years I've gone from hard long days of physical work, to a few of those days a week, to a few of them a month, and now to no manual labor at all. The reason I like what Horsehat Horsehat has proposed here is it is easily scalable to whatever age, weight, and activity level we are at as individuals. I also like that its only 7 weeks. Long enough to show some gains but short enough to hold my gnat like attention span

I'm heavier in the PM. Always my least in the am.

Motivation is a big help. I find my self losing interest quickly. I've been sick this week which doesn't help at all

Back
Top Bottom