• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT In Memorium - RIP

I just wanted to let everyone know my dad Ray Huggins passed away January 20, 2018 after a quick bout with cancer. I know my dad was always on this site and talking to people on here making deals. He loved his guns lol. On a side note my mom Judy Huggins also passed away May 4, 2019. She was always getting on my dad for buying and or trading his guns. They are both loved and missed deeply.

Condolences, sir.

I just wanted to let everyone know my dad Ray Huggins passed away January 20, 2018 after a quick bout with cancer. I know my dad was always on this site and talking to people on here making deals. He loved his guns lol. On a side note my mom Judy Huggins also passed away May 4, 2019. She was always getting on my dad for buying and or trading his guns. They are both loved and missed deeply.
Glad you found this thread. Along with others, I share my condolences. I’m sure they are looking down from above and are proud to watch over the man they raised. Have faith that you will one day be reunited. Good chatting with you yesterday.

My friend and neighbor, Dewey "Sandy" Sandage, lost his battle with cancer this morning, after a long fight.

Sandy was a long time ODT member, but only as a lurker and very rare trader.

Sandy would do anything for the people in his life. He was a caring and reliable husband, father, friend and neighbor. The kind of man you are glad to have next door. Took responsibility for his life and his family, didn't pass the buck to others. He worked at the same company for well over two decades. He leaves behind a wife, a son, a daughter, extended family and a large group of friends who will miss him terribly.

Sandy loved guns. He was an ardent defender of the 2nd Amendment.

Sandy loved dogs. He cried when my dog died (her demise was probably hastened by the number of Boston Cream donuts Sandy shared with her, when he thought nobody was looking).

It was rare for Sandy to show up to an outing without bringing beers for everyone present.

We shot together frequently. We reloaded together. We cast bullets together. We hunted together. In 2015, we built a deer house together. Sandy was diagnosed with prostate cancer not long after we finished it. Despite the maladies of the disease and the difficulties from treatments, he managed to take a couple of deer from that house, and spent many hours there, teaching his teenage daughter to hunt. When the disease began to take its toll on his strength, he'd still hunt; he just needed a bit of help to drag a deer out. Still brought a smile to his face.

Over the Memorial Day weekend, we managed to get a last plinking session in. His strength was gone and he wore out quickly, but the time he spent at the bench, behind the trigger, he was still tearing out the center of the target.

Sandy, I am proud to say we were friends. I hope you're enjoying a sunny day in heaven, happily plinking some tin cans.

Rest easy. We'll be there for your loved ones. See you on the other side.

Sandy - buck fall 2018.jpg

My friend and neighbor, Dewey "Sandy" Sandage, lost his battle with cancer this morning, after a long fight.

Sandy would do anything for the people in his life. He was a caring and reliable husband, father, friend and neighbor to the people in his life. The kind of man you are glad to have next door. Took responsibility for his life and his family, didn't pass the buck to others. He worked at the same company for well over two decades. He leaves behind a wife, a son, a daughter, extended family and a large group of friends who will miss him terribly.

Sandy loved dogs. He cried when my dog died (her demise was probably hastened by the number of Boston Cream donuts Sandy shared with her, when he thought nobody was looking).

It was rare for Sandy to show up to an outing without bringing beers for everyone present.

We shot together frequently. We reloaded together. We cast bullets together. We hunted together. In 2015, we built a deer house together. Sandy was diagnosed with prostate cancer not long after we finished it. Despite the maladies of the disease and the difficulties from treatments, he managed to take a couple of deer from that house, and spent many hours there, teaching his teenage daughter to hunt. When the disease began to take its toll on his strength, he'd still hunt; he just needed a bit of help to drag a deer out. Still brought a smile to his face.

Over the Memorial Day weekend, we managed to get a last plinking session in. His strength was gone and he wore out quickly, but the time he spent at the bench, behind the trigger, he was still tearing out the center of the target.

Sandy, I am proud to say we were friends. I hope you're enjoying a sunny day in in heaven, happily plinking some tin cans.

View attachment 2656415
Well written. Sounds like he was a great guy to know and be around. Rest In Peace, Sandy. I’m happy there were people around you to make your last days memorable to you and them.

Sandy would do anything for the people in his life. He was a caring and reliable husband, father, friend and neighbor to the people in his life. The kind of man you are glad to have next door. Took responsibility for his life and his family, didn't pass the buck to others. He worked at the same company for well over two decades. He leaves behind a wife, a son, a daughter, extended family and a large group of friends who will miss him terribly.

Sandy, I am proud to say we were friends. I hope you're enjoying a sunny day in in heaven, happily plinking some tin cans.

View attachment 2656415
RIP sir. We should also be so lucky as to have a friend such as you.

What a great tribute you wrote.. I feel like I knew him.
As I grow older, I have more and more hunting buddies that have passed away....

My condolences..

RIP Sandy, sounds like a wonderful friend too. Those are hard to give up, but memories are the treasures ya'll built together, will last forever. Well spoken of a true friend sir.

Back
Top Bottom