• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT Knife Meetup at Blade?

Wish I could do a meet up for lunch, but that's usually the busiest time around my table. Something about having a bite of sandwich in your mouth brings the crowds with questions (not just waitresses).

I have table J-5 in the Knifemakers' Guild section. Be sure to stop by and say hello.
Hope you enjoy the show.

I've never been to one. My son loves knives and has started collecting what he can when he can afford it (he's 15). Is this the type of show he might be able to buy lower level stuff? (Less that $40). His idea of collecting right now is based on volume more than collectability.

I've never been to one. My son loves knives and has started collecting what he can when he can afford it (he's 15). Is this the type of show he might be able to buy lower level stuff? (Less that $40). His idea of collecting right now is based on volume more than collectability.

He absolutely can. I went with 40.00 last time and picked up a nice little flashlight, a mora from the Dave Canterbury booth (dude is super short, but very nice), and a little kershaw I believe. Plus, all the tables usually have stickers and catalogs. He can also meet a lot of the famous makers. I met Ernest Emerson, and is a super nice guy. Dave Canterbury as mentioned earlier. Chris Reeve was a pleasure to meet as well. You could easily spend all day there and not see everything, and then when the show closes down for the night, everyone meets in the Pit at the hotel. Everyone should go at least once if you are just moderately into knives. I would go this year, but its too close to my wifes surgery.

for sure. There are knives for all flavors and budgets. There are sharpening workshops, shows, and do many cool things. He would be in heaven.

Went once couple years ago. Too crowded for my liking even before this virus was a thing. Interesting experience, but I just dont care enough about knives to deal with that many people in one place again.

Back
Top Bottom