• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT NFA tracker thread

The ATF decided to have a problem with one sentence of our 41F amendment after having approved it for quite some time. Someone in their legal team. They changed their mind like with the SIG brace issue.

The new amendment without that sentence is on NFALawyers.com. The ATF sent out a mass email to all examiners. For anyone affected, the examiner is supposed to call or mail a letter asking for the new amendment. There is no delay in wait time.

Give me a shout if you need anything.

@heavyd , is the file linked on your page the latest & greatest amendment?

Just called for my weekly update on my 2 form 4's from 1/15/17. Apparently they mailed out a letter on 1/5, probably for corrections. Looks like I'll be needing that updated form from Dean for myself too.

Just called for my weekly update on my 2 form 4's from 1/15/17. Apparently they mailed out a letter on 1/5, probably for corrections. Looks like I'll be needing that updated form from Dean for myself too.
Just called today on a form 1 from 03/16/17 and a Form 4 03/29/17

Both filed individual

Pending as usual :bored:

JW, why do you guys call to check the status rather than just waiting ? i am waiting on 2, figured i should just wait for cg&p to call me. should i be calling them weekly too ?!

JW, why do you guys call to check the status rather than just waiting ? i am waiting on 2, figured i should just wait for cg&p to call me. should i be calling them weekly too ?!
Only reason I call is because one time I called and the phone lady was like “oh I’m glad you called looks like the inspector wanted to talk to you” she forwarded the call to my actual inspector who had noted an error on my paperwork, told me what he wanted to see instead, and then confirmed he was gonna ship it back etc”

I got the strange suspicion by our conversation that it had been chilling on inspectors desk for a minute and the fact that he and I spoke reminded and motivated him to ship it back for correction. Also if they tell me it’s approved and they shipped Stamp you can date backwards and insure it wasn’t lost in the mail. If they say “the Stamp was mailed 2 months ago” it’s lost in the sauce or your threw it Away with junk mail.
This is in regards to Form 1s seeing as they ship your approved stamped form back to your personal address. The envelope looks like normal mail but it’s your original submission folded up.

On the letters that they mail back for corrections, do they send a copy to your personal address or do they send it to the dealer that is holding the can?
Dealer for form 4s
Form 1 we fill out in the convenience of our home. It’s a form to manufacture, not only firearms or likewise but suppressors or even ammunition in the case of feeding certain Destructive Devices. In the case of a Form 1 you will fill out 2 copies and attach the same necessary items I.E. finger prints and pics and measurements etc. and mail your documents and your check/money order/ CC info to the BATFE.
If there is an error they will send it back for corrections.
When it is approved they will place the stamp on one copy and write the SN of the item on the stamp, fold it up and mail it to you in a windowed envelope using the address on the form 1 you filled in as the return shipping address. It is pretty discreet. That is your copy to keep, they keep the second copy of the form you shipped them.

OCT 30 2017 762-sd

Dec 11 2017 Tirant 45m

They said there in the process and averaging 9 months for individual like i did. Man am i excited !!

Dealer for form 4s
Form 1 we fill out in the convenience of our home. It’s a form to manufacture, not only firearms or likewise but suppressors or even ammunition in the case of feeding certain Destructive Devices. In the case of a Form 1 you will fill out 2 copies and attach the same necessary items I.E. finger prints and pics and measurements etc. and mail your documents and your check/money order/ CC info to the BATFE.
If there is an error they will send it back for corrections.
When it is approved they will place the stamp on one copy and write the SN of the item on the stamp, fold it up and mail it to you in a windowed envelope using the address on the form 1 you filled in as the return shipping address. It is pretty discreet. That is your copy to keep, they keep the second copy of the form you shipped them.

Thanks. I should be hearing from Georgia Gun Store in the next few days then when they get the correction request. I've got my updated amendment ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom