• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT NFA tracker thread

True, I was looking more into a IMI Uzi build which in that case to make it look correct you'd have to register the receiver first then install the 8" barrel.
I’m looking at an SBR Uzi build myself but man this wait is killing me. I popped for a form 1 VZ-61 a month or so ago and swore after that I wouldn’t file until I saw some improvment. The worst is when it hits the FBI no one has answers, no one can speed it up, no one can find out why. It’s literally floating in space. Even BATFE answers the phone, returns your call, and spends time explaining things as best they can. The FBI just shuts the door on your face. That being said I’m most definitely not the only 12-13 month approval dude. Several of my buddies at the gun store I work at were 12-13+ months as well. One of our cop buddies who has never ever been in any trouble has had 2 stamps come back in 6 months.

I’m looking at an SBR Uzi build myself but man this wait is killing me. I popped for a form 1 VZ-61 a month or so ago and swore after that I wouldn’t file until I saw some improvment. The worst is when it hits the FBI no one has answers, no one can speed it up, no one can find out why. It’s literally floating in space. Even BATFE answers the phone, returns your call, and spends time explaining things as best they can. The FBI just shuts the door on your face. That being said I’m most definitely not the only 12-13 month approval dude. Several of my buddies at the gun store I work at were 12-13+ months as well. One of our cop buddies who has never ever been in any trouble has had 2 stamps come back in 6 months.

I think the fact that the ATF is understaffed plays a significant role in the delay. As well as their filing system is significantly flawed.They have a major issue storing all the data from former FFL's that have closed. I was watching some videos on it and its crazy how they store the info. Its literally so many file boxes they have shipping containers in the parking lot at ATF to hold it all. None of it is categorized due to our rights that the government cannot keep records of the firearms we have as individuals. When a crime happens they have to sift through the madness 10,000s of files to try and find the gun. There needs to be change, I don't know what but the ATF is not running effectively and hasn't been for some time. Its policies even internally are a mess, (not to mention the ludicrous gun laws we deal with as civilians). Unfortunately their hands are tied until someone gets off their ass and starts changing these prehistoric gun policies both internally and externally.

TRUMP needs to change it for the better, hopefully he doesn't cave in to the gun control activists. He's really our only hope in straightening out our ATF/FBI/NFA policies and laws

Without a doubt change is needed ! They are running on a business model from the 1970's ! They lack funds to bring themselves into the modern age. But you know all the really important stuff like welfare , food stamps , etc comes first. Gotta keep the Democrat base happy !

Without a doubt change is needed ! They are running on a business model from the 1970's ! They lack funds to bring themselves into the modern age. But you know all the really important stuff like welfare , food stamps , etc comes first. Gotta keep the Democrat base happy !
Yeah once they started getting cranky they never shut the hell up. Like children who need their blankey. Can y'all even imagine what America would be like now if Hillary had won? I cringe in complete disgust at the thought..

Just got off the phone with ATF and was told a letter was sent to the dealer needing documentation on the people on the trust and that sent to back to them and the CLEO ?
I used the amendment I got from @heavyd
And have used the same amendment twice with no problems, So I don't fully understand this.
It's going on 10 months now.
Form 4
May 14th 2017 check cashed
Anyone else had this happen?

Just got off the phone with ATF and was told a letter was sent to the dealer needing documentation on the people on the trust and that sent to back to them and the CLEO ?
And have used the same amendment twice with no problems, So I don't fully understand this.
Form 4
The CLEO reference probably means the box for “CLEO notification” wasn’t checked. They have no actual method to cross-reference whether you informed your local CLEO or not. I’ve seen them kicked back because someone forgot to check the box, or at least fill out the block items for CLEO name and title, phone number, and address.

As far as persons on trust I do not know but I’ve seen a lot of issues post 41f/p relating to trust NFA items, misunderstanding, miscommunications, I just haven’t paid any attention to the small details as I only file individual now days. It’s much simpler, not necessarily faster, but definitly is plug and play and very self-explanatory.

The CLEO reference probably means the box for “CLEO notification” wasn’t checked. They have no actual method to cross-reference whether you informed your local CLEO or not. I’ve seen them kicked back because someone forgot to check the box, or at least fill out the block items for CLEO name and title, phone number, and address.

As far as persons on trust I do not know but I’ve seen a lot of issues post 41f/p relating to trust NFA items, misunderstanding, miscommunications, I just haven’t paid any attention to the small details as I only file individual now days. It’s much simpler, not necessarily faster, but definitly is plug and play and very self-explanatory.
I've done 2 with amendments post 41f and haven't had a problem.
Well thanks for the reply back, and maybe it's something simple to fix!

I've done 2 with amendments post 41f and haven't had a problem.
Well thanks for the reply back, and maybe it's something simple to fix!
I had some corrections a few forms ago and was curious myself. I called to speak with them about it further and they forwarded me to a supervisors desk. Left her a message and she called back within 24 hours and spent 30 minutes on the phone with me answering various questions and explaining some stuff. Very helpful

Form 4
They have no consistency. I had an SBR kicked back TWICE They wanted an " alpha prefix " in front of the serial number. Sent a picture of the serial number ( Spikes lower ) and got kicked back again ! 1 1/2 on the phone with four different people and NO ONE could tell me what an " alpha prefix " was !

Back
Top Bottom