• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Odt secret Santa exchange

Paynefree

Default rank 5000+ posts
Aint no calling for 1 legged ninja
326   0
Reaction score
ive Seen this done a few forums I'm on and thought it might be fun to do with you bunch of salty pirates..
Here's how it's played/Done:
Post up your interests within the ad. Once we hit a certain number of folks "entered" we'll open it up and can start to choose an individual that we'd like to send something of our choice to. Not really a dollar amount needed or even a need to go out and buy anything new necessarily just cover the cost of shipping and try not to send your crap to someone else..
Kind of similar to the idea of the boxes that used to get passed around a few years ago.
I know a few guys here that might not get a visit from "Santa" this year due to elements out of their control..figured this would be a way that we could help pay it forward for someone that possibly wouldn't get a gift from anyone..
What do you guys think?

How it works:

1. Pm me your address
2. Write a little blurb about yourself, or a little wishlist and post it here.
3. When you see somebody to send a gift to pm me your selection and I'll give you their address.
4. Sombody chooses you, and I give them your address.
5. Selections wrap up around the 12th, and I tie up any loose strings and send out addresses.
6. You all ship around the 14th, in time for Christmas.
7. Post pictures of the cool stuff you got.

Answers to questions that sombody will ask:

- Yes you can send used things, in fact it's encouraged. You don't have to go out and spend money. You can send handmade things, or used gear that you dont use anymore.

- No there is not a dollar limit in either direction. Though if you want a point of reference in the past I would say most people approach $40, some exceed it. Keep in mind this is not an expectation. 90% of things are used, found, or made. You are not expected to go out and spend any amount of money (except for shipping)

- If you have any questions for a possible giftee I can forward them anonymously.

Interests are:
Survival items
Pointy objects
Objects that involve projectiles
Swag
Beef jerky
Cooking spices
Golf
Morale patches
Books
Boxer (the dog) stuff
Flashlights