• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT Trader Question?

So, I should know this.. Or should have read the rules...If you offer someone what they are asking for their Item and can't meet until the weekend? What is the rule? I guess I am spoiled because everyone else literally until tonight, said sure I can wait and Meet FTF. I have never been passed over to take a buyer that can meet sooner. Have I just been lucky and meet the guys with Class?....

I was shocked...

Once I said I want it was just semantics about the meet...

I had both, but some traders may need there items sold quickly others can wait. I had it happen to me twice and something better came along, it's ODT. That's why ODT is better than most sites!!

A deal is a multi faceted thing.

I always include any special terms in my offer. Georgia is a big state, and I just may not have time to drive 3 hours this afternoon.

So I'll offer (usually top dollar) and condition on picking up on my next trip that a way. if it's a really smoking hot deal, I'll mail a check and work out the details of the pick up later.

My experience has been that if you offer asking price, sellers are a lot more likely to accommodate your travel needs,

Not Complaining? I guess here in Atlanta over the last few years, I have been very fortunate to trade with the best of the best...

No one here is obligated to hold an item .

One member does not dictate terms of another members goods.

You are not on the moral high ground just because your mind tells you that you are :+)

Sometimes I sweeten the deal if they're doing me a solid and waiting. Just me personally I.E. throw a lil gas money, or some ammo, or some good jokes you know make it worth their time?

I am not judging nor do I feel that I am morally superior...
It is clear that the purchases I have made outside a 48 hour window have never elicited that response.

I was merely trying get a sense for how other trades go down.
So for know I will respond GLWS!

Back
Top Bottom