• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OLD - Please refer to new thread - ODT Gun Show & Meet-Up - Moved to Jan 22, 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is set in stone yet, but here's the current plan:

Setup from 8-10 AM, teardown from 6-8PM
The front and back doors should be open for setup but I don't know that for sure yet.
I'll check on the zip tie colors and post back in here when I know.
Not sure on carts
Each table will come with 1 chair

Early Setup - If I can raise enough money I can offer early setup on Friday night, to do that I would have to cover an additional day of rental and security for all of Friday night until Saturday morning. (About $1,000 total.) Once I have sold most of the tables and booths I will send out an email and see if anyone is interested in paying extra to setup early and enjoy a catered taco dinner from Willy's on Friday night. I'll just have to see if enough people are interested once everything has been sold.

Thanks for your quick reply. We won't have so much stuff that we can't do setup that morning. We are getting excited about it and I've got a tote full of stuff to bring. One rifle, maybe 2, and 3, 4, 5 or 6 handguns. Whole bunch of knives and quite a bit of silver US coins and some bars and stuff, some reloading equipment and ammo and whatever else I can fit in the tote. I'll pack an extra chair since there are 2 of us.

Thanks again. You are doing a heck of a job on this gigantic undertaking.

The Outdoors Trader Gun Show & Swap Meet - ODT10
Cobb County Civic Center
May 16th, 2020
10AM - 6PM (Not set)
Link to Store - https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/help/odt10/
gunshow_transparent.png

Don’t tell anyone, it’s a secret! This is not a public gun show, it’s for ODT. No outside advertising will be done for this event. Stay tuned to this thread, any major updates will be added to the top of this post.

I’m calling the event “ODT10” and it’s being held 10 years to the day that the ODT was created. I’ve worked out a lot of the details but a lot of it is still open for suggestions. I'd love to hear what everyone has to think about this as we have a lot of time to get ready for it.

The event is being held at the Cobb County Civic Center. The center has a main floor and a second floor that overlooks the main floor. The entire main floor will be tables/booths. The second floor will be tables/booths and hang out areas/bleachers. Trading will be allowed in the bleacher area, that's what we're here for! I've posted a video of the center in the booth discussion thread, there's a link below.

All firearms will have the triggers zip tied at the door. We can't change the policy so no need to debate it in anymore this thread. (If you read through you will find some debate already occurred.)

Admission is only $5 and children are free. No strollers allowed. No animals allowed.

The ODT10 Event Page is now open!

Most of the designs are complete so the final products should be very close to the pictures. Only 1,000 pre sale packages will be available! After that you can still get a badge and shirt but you'll have to buy them separately, and your badge will not have your name pre-printed on it.

To purchase admission just visit our store, we accept credit/debit cards for payment here - https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/help/odt10/

If you'd like to pay by check or money order just send me a PM and I'll get you set up. I'll also be at a few meet and greets in the next few months if you want to pay in cash.

Admission Packages

1,000 Pre sale packages are available now. As of right now the event is pre sale only, if you want to come you have to buy a ticket through here or contact me to use a different form of payment. Only 1500 admissions will be sold to this event. Children 18 and under are free and do not require admission.

No limit on admission packages so feel free to buy for your friends and family!

Admission Package - $5
  • Event badge with your name pre-printed on it with an ODT10 lanyard.
  • Event Stickers

Challenge Coin Package - $10
  • Double-sided Challenge Coin with event logo
  • Event Stickers

Challenge Coin & Shirt Package - $20
  • ODT10 Event Shirt
  • Double-sided Challenge Coin with event logo
  • Event Stickers
  • +$5 for 3XL, 4XL & 5XL

Extra Shirts - $12, no limit

Extra Coins - $5, limit of 5

Event Badges

Badges will have your name printed on them and badges will be numbered. Will also come with an ODT lanyard.
View attachment 2071077

Shirts
This is the front of the shirt. The back will either be blank or full of our sponsors if we have any.
View attachment 2071068

Challenge Coins
Final design will depend on how much detail can be put into these coins. Coins will be 1.5" circles. There will only be 1,000 numbered coins available, once they are sold out they are gone.
View attachment 2073549
View attachment 2071074

Tables & Booths
Check availability here - https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/odt10-table-booth-store-info-discussion.1922773/

Tables are $20 and booths are $75. A booth is 3 tables shaped like a "U" at the end of a row. We have 36 booths available and 81 tables available.

You can upgrade from a table to a booth anytime if there is one available. Booths can be split between a maximum of 2 people. Tables come with 1 chair and booths come with 2 chairs.

If you need even more space you can get a "Store." We have 3 small ones and 3 large ones. Check the table/booth thread for the details.

Vendors get 2 hours to setup and 2 hours to vacate.

$5 admission. Children under 18 are free. No Strollers.

View attachment 2051216

The civic center has a large meeting room that that I am making available for classes, demonstrations, special meetups, etc. during ODT10.

If you want to reserve a room just get 50 people who have paid for admission already to sign up and you can have the room for an hour, no charge. All classes must be free. We should have enough time for 8 classes/events. You can start a thread in the ODT10 forum to try and gain support and get the room.

I’ll have to find out the max capacity for the room, maybe 80-100?

Classroom discussion is here: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/odt10-reserve-meeting-room-for-classes-demos-etc.1925076/

View attachment 2073578

Original Post

View attachment 2046213

View attachment 2046214

81 tables - $20 a table, limit 1 tables per person/business. Does not include admission. I want cheap tables so anyone can rent one and I have a per-person limit so we have as many different vendors as possible. If you’re not selling guns/accessories and you’re not @Hayata selling soap then please message me before reserving a booth. Tables can be used for retail or product exhibition.

View attachment 2046266

36 booths - $75 a booth - booths are 3 tables at the end of row. They can be used for retail or product exhibition. Does not include admission.

Sounds like an exciting new idea in gun shows! This could really be something to pump new life into Gun Shows! Will we be required to do "Background Checks?" Please advise!
Thanks. Bob Perkins AKA silvertraveler

Will the purchase of a few admission tickets, name badges and challenge coin be mailed or are they to be picked up at a "will call" table the day of the show/meet ?

Picked up "the day of" at the venue, for now.
It is going to be fun!!!

Thank You for your service! :thumb:

Sounds like an exciting new idea in gun shows! This could really be something to pump new life into Gun Shows! Will we be required to do "Background Checks?" Please advise!
Thanks. Bob Perkins AKA silvertraveler
That will be up to each individual seller I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom