• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OLD - Please refer to new thread - ODT Gun Show & Meet-Up - Moved to Jan 22, 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gunshow_transparent.png

The Outdoors Trader Gun Show & Swap Meet - ODT10
Cobb County Civic Center
May 16th, 2020 - Next Year!

View attachment 2046213

Don’t tell anyone, it’s a secret! This is not a public gun show, it’s for us. No outside advertising will be done for this event.

Stay tuned to this thread, any major updates will be added to the top of this post.

I’m calling the event “ODT10” and it’s being held 10 years to the day that the ODT was created. I’ve worked out a lot of the details but a lot of it is still open for suggestions. I'd love to hear what everyone has to think about this as we have a lot of time to get ready for it.

Here’s what I’ve got so far, it is all subject to change:

Show hours will be 10am - 6pm . Vendors get 2 hours to setup and 2 hours to vacate.

$5 admission. Children 12-18 free. No children below 12 (Is the child age limit reasonable?)

Admission includes snazzy event badge with lanyard (while supplies last :D ) and event stickers.

The civic center has a main floor and a second floor that overlooks the main floor. The entire main floor will be tables. The second floor will be booths and hang out areas/bleachers. Also considering a trading area with a bunch of round tables where people can loiter and trade with other people without clogging up the main floor.

View attachment 2046214

150 tables - $20 a table, limit 2 tables per person/business. Does not include admission. I want cheap tables so anyone can rent one and I have a per-person limit so we have as many different vendors as possible. If you’re not selling guns/accessories and you’re not @Hayata selling soap then please message me before reserving a booth. (Once reservations open up)

View attachment 2046266

10 booths - $80 a booth - booths will probably be small blocks of 4 tables in squares on the 2nd floor of the civic center. They can be used for retail or product exhibition.

Meeting Rooms - I have access to a few small meeting rooms. I’m thinking of letting people reserve them to do classes or presentations if they want to. I’d like to hear suggestions.

In a few weeks I think I will open up some pre-ordering for tickets and maybe for some of the tables/booths. I’ll have some different packages that include shirts, stickers, and maybe some challenge coins. I have a few other things planned but they aren't quite ready to be announced yet.

The plan is to do this every year assuming the first one isn't a complete failure. If we somehow manage to sell 1,000 preorders to this show I will immediately begin preparations for a 2nd show for South GA in the fall of 2020. (Probably in the Macon/ Warner Robbins area.)

Great Idea! I will be there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom