• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

? of a scam

cowbell1

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
215   0
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct forum or not.I just got a request to sell a rifle to a person living in Ohio.He agreed to all my request concerning fees shipping cost and price without the first question and going through a FFL dealer but he wanted my Email address so he could send his FFL dealers number to me.I didn't give it to him but gave my FFl dealers address instead.
My question is are anyone aware of some type of scam going on on any of the online gun sites Thanks (Cowbell)

Just wanted everyone to know all my concerns were for nothing.I sold the rifle to the guy in question(from Ohio)ended up being one of the smoothest transaction I've ever been involved in.

I just lost over $200 recently. The person was also out of state. Had recently relocated. When I realized where he was & dropped it he provided scrennshots from other sites with feedback scores which had the same screen name both with plenty of exceptional feedback. PayPal sent from me & he went ghost. Hasn’t returned to the site UNDER THE SAME NAME since.
I’m not sure if it’s one person or a group of people running a scam? It could be scam bots. When you look under members online now it always lists the number of guests & bots online as well.

I just lost over $200 recently. The person was also out of state. Had recently relocated. When I realized where he was & dropped it he provided scrennshots from other sites with feedback scores which had the same screen name both with plenty of exceptional feedback. PayPal sent from me & he went ghost. Hasn’t returned to the site UNDER THE SAME NAME since.
I’m not sure if it’s one person or a group of people running a scam? It could be scam bots. When you look under members online now it always lists the number of guests & bots online as well.
yeah I'm pretty sure it's a scam, since I told him to get his FFL to get in touch with mine he's gone quiet. Thanks

Not sure if this is the correct forum or not.I just got a request to sell a rifle to a person living in Ohio.He agreed to all my request concerning fees shipping cost and price without the first question and going through a FFL dealer but he wanted my Email address so he could send his FFL dealers number to me.I didn't give it to him but gave my FFl dealers address instead.
My question is are anyone aware of some type of scam going on on any of the online gun sites Thanks (Cowbell)
It's not worth the risk or hassel. I only way I would do it is to get a USPS money order in advance. Then only ship to his local FFL dealer after they send you their lisc. Look them up to see if they are legit. Ship via local UPS store and insure. Send him a copy of the tracking #. Charge for shipping and you time. +$75.00

It's not worth it imo. Too many crap bags scamming today.

Not a scam. You told me to get ahold of your FFL for their email address. That was last night at 11pm. I will get with your FFL this morning. Hang tight and give me a chance. I agreed to send a postal money order in advance and pay your FFL fees. You can call me or I can send you a picture of my driver's license. Not sure what else I can do to prove it's not a scam before the money arrives.

Jake

He's a Yankee!
images (4).jpg

Back
Top Bottom