• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

? of a scam

It's the same as Gunbroker or 24hourcampfire. I'm just new here (and a yankee). A friend of mine found one of cowbell's postings and new it was a gun I'd been trying to track down. I'm trying to get an FFL sent to cowbell's FFL but the shop doesn't open until 9am. I plan on putting a postal money order in the mail as soon as he tells me what his FFL fees and shipping are.

Damn man,, you make a deal at 1130pm and your already looking for scams,
Sounds like your sending it through your FFL so it up to them to make sure his ffl is legit,,
Your email address is not a secret to the internet,,, get his ffl phone number and give it to your ffl, take your gun to them and let them ship it for about $35 and it’s a done deal.
So easy to do, don’t make it difficult

Apparently y’all haven’t heard about escrows. I have used one several times for purchases that I really wouldn’t like to get ripped off over.

I was searching for a stratavaroius trumpet for my son. New, they are stupid expensive and if you buy a used one they could require expensive repairs. I found a nice one on Craigslist out of New York. I set up an escrow account and gave the escrow company all the money plus their fee. The seller sent the trumpet to me to inspect and verify.

If the product is satisfactory to the buyer the money is released to the seller. If the product is not acceptable, it is packaged up and returned to the seller. (I would insure the heck out of it) when the seller receives the returned product he contacts the escrow company to release the funds to the buyer.

Apparently with some weapons. For example shotguns with very expensive woodwork. Pictures just don’t cut it, and this is the go to for inspection and acceptance before a sale is finalized.

Not a scam. You told me to get ahold of your FFL for their email address. That was last night at 11pm. I will get with your FFL this morning. Hang tight and give me a chance. I agreed to send a postal money order in advance and pay your FFL fees. You can call me or I can send you a picture of my driver's license. Not sure what else I can do to prove it's not a scam before the money arrives.

Jake
Didn't mean to offend you but you can't blame me for being careful with so many scams going on.As I said this morning I will sell you the rifle but every thing will be done according to pre vailing laws .

LOL....this thread has got the AIDs!
Flaming wolf AIDS.

Seems like a normal transaction to me. Ive bought and sold plenty on Gunbroker.

Giving your email address out is what made you question the validity of the transaction?

Who doesn't have an email address just for situations like this?...

Back
Top Bottom