• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

? of a scam

blog.chron.com_tubular_files_2015_02_leslie_knope_trap.gif

If out of state purchase, I request a postal money order or if they insist on PayPal, I demand a discreet friends and family payment- where there is no recourse or cancellation. PP is not a gun friendly operation.

ALL FFL's in Ohio can accept shipments from out-of-state private individuals w/o going through an FFL. You don't need to spend any money on a local FFL just to send a package. Now, you might feel better by leaving at their location for FedEx or someone to do the pickup from, but they don't need to do any paperwork for you.

I'd do it, and I don't trust anyone.

Little known fact, you can take a USPS money order to the USPS and cash it. Why this is important is once they cash it, it's theirs, and they can't come back on you, unlike a bank which will recover any monies paid on a check that is returned.

ALL FFL's in Ohio can accept shipments from out-of-state private individuals w/o going through an FFL. You don't need to spend any money on a local FFL just to send a package. Now, you might feel better by leaving at their location for FedEx or someone to do the pickup from, but they don't need to do any paperwork for you.

Some FFLs make it a business practice to not accept guns from non-FFL. They feel doing so protects them from receiving things they shouldn't have.

So the seller needs to make sure that the receiving FFL will accept the gun.

And BTW, the absolutely safest way to ship anything is USPS REGISTERED MAIL (not CERTIFIED). Expensive, but safe.

I just lost over $200 recently. The person was also out of state. Had recently relocated. When I realized where he was & dropped it he provided scrennshots from other sites with feedback scores which had the same screen name both with plenty of exceptional feedback. PayPal sent from me & he went ghost. Hasn’t returned to the site UNDER THE SAME NAME since.
I’m not sure if it’s one person or a group of people running a scam? It could be scam bots. When you look under members online now it always lists the number of guests & bots online as well.

I'm guessing you sent it Friends & Family and not Goods & Services?

Back
Top Bottom