• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

? of a scam

When I went to ship something registered, the postmaster informed me to be prepared for a 1 month+ ship time.
Could be the issue. Still waiting on a tracking # myself to be able to confirm.
USPS has gotten leaps & bound behind FedEx & UPS in signed delivery. UPS has several options for delivery with a Sig confirmation & it doesn’t slow them down.
If it was sent certified instead of just trackable I can understand a longer delay.

After PMing back and forth a good while this morning I believe this fellow is legit he has been in touch with my FFL dealer and is going give his FFLdealer contact information to them and is also willing to send USPS money order before shipment of rifle
and also paying all charges.I want to thank everyone for your input.A great group of men on ODT.
THANKS again

When you think, or it smells like a scam, they act like it's a scam, guess what IT'S A SCAM, don't walk run as fast as you can in the opposite direction... Saves problems, money, aggravation and telling yourself I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!!!

Could be the issue. Still waiting on a tracking # myself to be able to confirm.
USPS has gotten leaps & bound behind FedEx & UPS in signed delivery. UPS has several options for delivery with a Sig confirmation & it doesn’t slow them down.
If it was sent certified instead of just trackable I can understand a longer delay.
Registered Mail has to be signed for when it changes hands. There is a 'chain of custody' so to speak. That's why it takes a long time.

I just lost over $200 recently. The person was also out of state. Had recently relocated. When I realized where he was & dropped it he provided scrennshots from other sites with feedback scores which had the same screen name both with plenty of exceptional feedback. PayPal sent from me & he went ghost. Hasn’t returned to the site UNDER THE SAME NAME since.
I’m not sure if it’s one person or a group of people running a scam? It could be scam bots. When you look under members online now it always lists the number of guests & bots online as well.
You know it's really easy to manipulate screenshots right?

Back
Top Bottom