• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Offers...wtf?!?!

So let's throw this one out for fun - how much below asking price does anyone consider an offer "lowball"? Seriously is there a buffer zone that you would consider a respectable offer (even if you decline it) and then a range that reaches "lowball"?

I think anything over 20% is a low ball offer. I think you really get hit when you are trying to sell a package and you know exactly what you paid for the gun, ammo, sling, optic and...? They don't want to take any of that cost into account.

I think anything over 20% is a low ball offer. I think you really get hit when you are trying to sell a package and you know exactly what you paid for the gun, ammo, sling, optic and...? They don't want to take any of that cost into account.

I can see 20%. i.e. $400 gun or item and offer is between$400 and $320. Heck bobdavisga bobdavisga that's actual pretty generous! I might say 10-15% depending on the item. I think you also have to consider how reasonably priced it is to begin with. Good thoughts.

I can see 20%. i.e. $400 gun or item and offer is between$400 and $320. Heck bobdavisga bobdavisga that's actual pretty generous! I might say 10-15% depending on the item. I think you also have to consider how reasonably priced it is to begin with. Good thoughts.
I didn't say I would take 20% I would counter at 10% and see where it goes.

I didn't say I would take 20% I would counter at 10% and see where it goes.

I hear you. I don't know that I've ever gotten a real lowball...a few low-is that I politely turned down. I don't mind a respectful lower offer and a respectful acceptance of no thank you. It is when folks turn into "well let me tell you why your gun isn't worth that" and start to argue about why their offer is legit.

Way too old for that stuff. Make an offer get a yea or a nay and move on.

Back
Top Bottom