• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Offical thread for the 2020 turkey challenge

sambo77

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
140   0
Reaction score
Ok yall now that we have teams sorted we will start our official thread. The rules that we had have been slightly tweaked by our judge for easier scoring, transparency, and ensuring the bird is legal.

Our judge is @Toddmann all contest submissions must be submitted to him on this thread for scoring, adhering to rules. Failure to adhere to rules will result in an unscoreable bird.

Teams are as follows:
Team 1: @Shads sambo77 sambo77 @Adamjen15 @Fly Fishing Guy @foxsmoke

Team 2: 24on48hunting 24on48hunting @JShaw Markn30135 Markn30135
@Candler
Glorfindel Glorfindel
Team 3: hikingthehills hikingthehills @Vincent Vega @GTN mfoster mfoster @ckarr

Rules are as follows:

- 3 birds allowed to be entered
- birds killed in ga only
- 2 date verification pictures, one holding a newspaper of the day OR a paper with team number written on it with date written also with fan spread to show maturity or lack thereof, the other of the birds head on the newspaper with date visible OR paper with team number and date written on it.
- either a picture or screenshot of harvest record with confirmation number showing it's a legal bird
- picture of beard measurements **MEASURE FROM BASE OF BEARD, HOLD BEARD STRAIGHT**
- picture of spur measurements ** SPUR MEASUREMENT PICTURES NEED TO BE MEASURED STARTING AT THE 2" MARK ON THE MEASURING TAPE.**

Scoring
Team with most points win

Jake: 2 points
Tom: 4 points

Additional points available:

-public land 1 additional point (picture of verification in front of wma sign and a gps pin on map)
-Beard 10" 1 additional point
-Beard 11" or longer 2 additional points
-Spurs 1.125" 1 additional point
-Spurs 1.25" 2 additional points
-Spurs 1.5" or longer 3 additional points

** SPUR MEASUREMENT PICTURES NEED TO BE MEASURED STARTING AT THE 2" MARK ON THE MEASURING TAPE.**

-Bow kill: 1 extra point provided proof of using bow
-Extra beard(s): 1 additional point per extra beard

24on48hunting 24on48hunting is donating a homemade call for highest scoring bird.

@Shads is donating a gift card to mild to wild taxidermy for second highest scoring bird

sambo77 sambo77 is donating a turkey tote for longest beard bird.

sambo77 sambo77 is donating a turkey tote for highest scoring member.

ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT TO MYSELF OR OUR JUDGE @Toddmann

Just to clarify, spur measurement is taken along the top side of the spur?
similar to the other sites challenge, similar to this picture
Spur measurements.jpg

I’ll be hunting US Corps of Engineers land on West Point Lake. Most of that land has no marker other than the paint on the trees. How do I need to verify my location?

Back
Top Bottom