• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Offical thread for the 2020 turkey challenge

Yes, but really, 1.5 hours after fly down you are walking around, full fan in your hands on public land......you really cannot make this up
I feel for ya and all the other Bird chasers on public land, been there done that..Up until the time I stopped hunting the Birds I would roost them the night before..Love those Strutting Birds.. Later in life d those out that had never hunted the Turkey..To me it was a thrill just to watch the bird and the person I took out. Just watching the excitement and how close I could call them in..I use to love calling them in so close, that we heard them drum!

Turkeycall.jpg
I may try to call one up tomorrow with this from my deck..We have spent a lot of years in the woods having fun..Box call yes, Chock check, and Emory cloth check..Love doing Fly down with her..Like me she crusty but still sings..Happy hunting Gentlemen!!

sambo77 sambo77 , with store closures and the apparent lack of certified scales, how would you and @Toddmann like to handle obtaining the official weight for the best NWTF scoring bird?
Im good with whatever y’all conclude.

I was thinking about getting a set of digital scales and gauging its accuracy by weighing a gallon jug of water. A gallon of water weighs 8.43 pounds.

View attachment 2550256
I used a cheap fish scale. Rated to 50lb I think
I was thinking a fish scale also

Back
Top Bottom