• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

* * * Official Gun Control Proposals Rant Thread * * *

WTF? "14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."

LOL, yeah, I heard on the radio the other day that the NRA has basically blocked research into gun violence in the last couple decades. That research is never clear and usually biased (one way or the other) so I guess the NRA just got those projects de-funded.

Obama wants to get the CDC to do that research now.

"Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."

and

"
Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

Basically you need to stfu about firearms if you go to the doctor if you dont want to be denied a NICS check.

Every baby step they take now will take its toll. I find I have little to no objection to most of the EO's he just signed. That scares me because I know his ENDGAME is everything I fear and more.

I'm not a fan of #16. I know it's mostly aimed at mental health doctors but my primary care doctor has no business asking that question.
Had a physical 3 weeks ago and one of the questions asked if I had firearms in my home, and if so how were they stored. Just left them blank.

things he did mainly

- he stated that we need to spend more money to solve this problem (i believe mentally ill individuals do need help but throwing money more money at schools/polic departments is not the answer)
- the little kids wrote letters to obama saying that guns are bad or that he needs to fix the problem immediately (maybe told what to write maybe weren't).
- wants background checks for all gun sales
-wants magazine capacity restrictions
- paid a fellow(?) from that was shot at the Virginia tech massacre to be there to gain momentum for his cause
- signed some papers which no one was shown so they could have been waht he was goign to have for lunch for all we know

i think using those kids like that is despicable,

if they had a armed volunteer force that could patrol schools that might help

the cdc has enough to deal with without needing to look at the effects of violent video games and movies on people

Last edited:
"Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."

There's a lot of states that don't provide mental issues to the NCIS because of privacy laws. It took CA 10 years to work out their kinks and start reporting that kind of data.

Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

Basically you need to stfu about firearms if you go to the doctor if you dont want to be denied a NICS check.

Thank the NRA... Doctors can ask about firearms, that's ok. The law states that the doctors can't record or report anything about gun ownership though. Obama is correct on that statement.

LOL, yeah, I heard on the radio the other day that the NRA has basically blocked research into gun violence in the last couple decades. That research is never clear and usually biased (one way or the other) so I guess the NRA just got those projects de-funded.

Obama wants to get the CDC to do that research now.

The NRA did get it defunded. And it was the CDC that was doing the research in the first place, IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom