• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

* * * Official Gun Control Proposals Rant Thread * * *

My understanding is that the ATF can look at the dealer's book of forms when they want and that the forms have to be sent to the ATF if the FFL goes out of business. Basically, it is a permanent record of the transaction that the government has access to.

Correct about sending records if Out of Business. I held a FFL when operating a pawn shop. Sold biz in '08. ATF got all my records...

3.bp.blogspot.com__z2d4IxltHJI_SuTFr8OdMSI_AAAAAAAAB_c_uxKiIbYnIP8_s1600_red_dawn_ObtainForm4473.png

My understanding is that the ATF can look at the dealer's book of forms when they want and that the forms have to be sent to the ATF if the FFL goes out of business. Basically, it is a permanent record of the transaction that the government has access to.

Yes but in my experience they don't do that unless they have reason to be investigating a particular weapon. (ie- they find a gun at a crime scene) They dont just do it to see who has certain of guns.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it was 7 years but Im not 100% on that.

I'm so tired of hearing people making the argument we don't need semi automatic weapons. In that case why do we need a car that can do over 100 mph. Second I'm so tired of people saying that the Constitution was written way back when, and that the founding fathers ment muskets and that the founding fathers didn't know what technology was to come.

If the government wants to stop people from dying how about we address the obesity rate in America more people die from heart disease and diabetes more than anything, secondly America is the number one nation in the world that has people dying from being fat and overweight. Why not address this issue, why not start mandatory workout sessions and regulate what people eat and drink. If you want to save lives thats a more efficient way for them to waste tax payers dollars.

And just to back up my numbers here is the number of firearms deaths,

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

And here is the number of deaths from heart disease,

http://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm

Back
Top Bottom