• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

[Official] How has CoronaVirus affected your job?

How has COVID19 affected you or your spouse?

• I lost my job/contract

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • My spouse/partner lost their job

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have been furloughed

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have received a salary/pay cut

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Not much changed for me

Votes: 84 49.4%
  • I am actually doing better now

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • I am working from home for now..

Votes: 32 18.8%

• Total voters
Not much has changed for me. Started with a new company in October, just did not like the direction the old place was going in. Same industry, different company. Business was poor at best when I took the helm. Had great expectations as I have always been great at my job and people can sense if you are the real deal or just a player trying to make bank. The current twist has not helped in regards to traffic or morale. However all in all I am fine, my pay has not suffered and I have confidence in our leadership to do the right thing going forward/
I hate it for my employees, most of whom live pay check to pay check and any disruption could leave them in a very bad spot. I've been in my current field of expertise for damned near 40 years now (auto repair) and I honestly love what I do. We provide a service to people, real hard working people who have families and a life. My job, our job is to help them make good decisions about keeping that life moving in the right direction. (good choices)
I see the numbers every day from over 380 service locations in our company. I try to put myself in the position of the people (owners) who provide the capital to keep our company running and employing so many good people at the low to middle end of the socioeconomic scale of the Nation I love. I don't know many, hell any who would suffer the losses I see month over month and still continue. I am proud of what I do and the company I work for. If I die tomorrow it will be with a clean conscience and a life well lived in the service of others.
P/S. I made a few bucks in the process and I have no regrets, other than not telling people how much they meant to me when I was too young to know.

Other than having to cook meals at home a LOT more often and ZERO travel plans...nothing changed around here.
Both of us retired...

We're also both retired, and VERY THANKFUL that we don't hafta' venture out every day to go to work...I'm hopeful this Pandemic will turn out to not be as bad as the Doomsayers predict and that the country will be able to get back to work before great and longlasting harm is done to our economy...

I am..

90345294_3131368696886702_2292717511847706624_n.jpg

Bonecollector Bonecollector @41mag @Trailrider @emptyMAGS

Back
Top Bottom