• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

For those buying 40% and 90% silver. It is very easy to calculate the true silver price in those coins.
$1 face value of 40% coins has 0.295 troy ounces of silver.
$1 face value of 90% coins has 0.715 troy ounces of silver.

In my post# 6120 imagine I bought $20 face value of 40% Kennedy halfs. That's 5.9 ounces of sliver: $20 x 0.295.
At $4.96 selling price for $1 face value (2 of 50¢ coins), my order would be $99.20.

At $16.84 spot price, 5.9 oz of silver are worth $99.36

I got 16¢ of free silver in my order. :cool:

haven't stopped by here in a while

anyone delve with numismatics?

apmex was running a special on 90% silver. I ordered a 10 dollar FV (paid $116?) of what they described as "cull" just to see if I could fill in some of my Whitman books. also ordered a dollar commemorative for the hell of it, not sure what they will send me. kinda fun that way

****Sold sold sold*****

Hey guys, wanted to offer this here for a quick sale.

I have 9 1964 Kennedy half dollars (90% silver). The melt value for these right now is $5.93 (per coinflation.com)
$5.93 x 9 = $53.37.
I will sell these for $53.00 shipped with tracking. That is BELOW spot price and I am paying shipping!
Paypal as friends and family is preferred.

haven't stopped by here in a while

anyone delve with numismatics?

apmex was running a special on 90% silver. I ordered a 10 dollar FV (paid $116?) of what they described as "cull" just to see if I could fill in some of my Whitman books. also ordered a dollar commemorative for the hell of it, not sure what they will send me. kinda fun that way
so to quote myself, got the 10 FV cull set in from apmex

wasn't impressed. all walking liberty half dollars, all were slicks except for 2, one a 1925 that was partially crushed and a 1935 covered in green gunk lol

spend a buck or two more and go with a 10 dollar roll of quarters, you may end up with BU

Back
Top Bottom