• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

So I'm at Scofflaw Brewery and meet a guy who is in commercial real estate. He tells me commercial is as hot as residential right now in the Gwinnett area.

Small snapshot of current conditions - I get that.

I'm guessing silver will be heading further south as the economy continues to improve?

So I'm at Scofflaw Brewery and meet a guy who is in commercial real estate. He tells me commercial is as hot as residential right now in the Gwinnett area.

I'm guessing silver will be heading further south as the economy continues to improve?
Good. I'm in a buying mood....and position :thumb:

those developers all say there is no where to go but up

lol, ya right. not saying they are wrong but the developer makes money by developing property, what happens afterwards doesn't concern them always. a lot of the multi mixed used stuff in Atlanta is having a hard time filling shop space.

I wouldnt bank on that (or any 1 industry IMO) particular industry doing well as an overall indicator of the economic strength in general.

I dont know if silver will drop even with the strong economy, even though commodities tend to act conversely to the money market.

its a big maybe :)

Very non-expert opinion.....if the economy is improving and there is more demand for electronics and other stuff that uses gold/silver in its manufacturing processes, wouldn't that mean that demand for these metals would go up??? Don't know, just kicking this idea out there.

Very non-expert opinion.....if the economy is improving and there is more demand for electronics and other stuff that uses gold/silver in its manufacturing processes, wouldn't that mean that demand for these metals would go up??? Don't know, just kicking this idea out there.
Yes, BUT most silver mined today is a by-product of mining for other products, mostly copper. As economy improves, demand for copper grows, resulting in more copper and silver on the market.
Silver has industrious application, but gold, palladium and platinum even more so. Photo films used to use a lot of silver, but they are less popular now, and I am not aware of any other single industry that uses silver on the same scale. Platinum and palladium are used in catalytic converters, gold is used in electronics and microprocessors.

Some sellers such as Provident and JM offer respectable buybacks. Also Atlanta Gold and coin is respectable for buybacks with decent returns, if you want to go local.

Yes, BUT most silver mined today is a by-product of mining for other products, mostly copper. As economy improves, demand for copper grows, resulting in more copper and silver on the market.
Silver has industrious application, but gold, palladium and platinum even more so. Photo films used to use a lot of silver, but they are less popular now, and I am not aware of any other single industry that uses silver on the same scale. Platinum and palladium are used in catalytic converters, gold is used in electronics and microprocessors.

Actually Ag has many more industrial uses than Au - that is why it is used up. Almost all the Au ever mined is still in existence.

Back
Top Bottom