• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

Actually Ag has many more industrial uses than Au - that is why it is used up. Almost all the Au ever mined is still in existence.
Do you mind expanding? I know silver has industrial uses, but I had thought gold was used more widely? Gold is used as conductor in microchip layers, silver is sometimes used as thermal paste in heat sinks, but other materials are used as heat sinks as well.

Do you mind expanding? I know silver has industrial uses, but I had thought gold was used more widely? Gold is used as conductor in microchip layers, silver is sometimes used as thermal paste in heat sinks, but other materials are used as heat sinks as well.
I know they are used in purification systems as a purifier; plus much medical parts

Use to be used for xray imaging (i imGine still is alot of places). The unburned dark areas are all silver particulate

Silver also has the highest thermal conductivity of any element and the highest light reflectance. Although it is the best conductor of electricity, copper and gold are used more often in electrical applications because copper is less expensive and gold has a much higher corrosion resistance. ... Most metals conduct electricity.

Silver also has the highest thermal conductivity of any element and the highest light reflectance. Although it is the best conductor of electricity, copper and gold are used more often in electrical applications because copper is less expensive and gold has a much higher corrosion resistance. ... Most metals conduct electricity.
I forgot light reflection properties

THey coat space helmet with it i think

Back
Top Bottom