• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

The reason I believe we didn't see rampant inflation reflected in the metals markets is the introduction of massive amounts of silver and gold introduced into the market that exists only as digital transaction records not real gold and silver. They were and are able to partially meet demand with etf's which in my opinion are largely smoke and mirrors. When the curtain is finally pulled back and reveals that, just like dollars, there is nothing backing these "assets" it is my belief inflation will hit the pm markets for real metals, the kind you hold in your hand, on an unprecedented scale. JMHO

Good point. Just like with the sham we call "fractional reserve lending", metal ETF's are only required to have a small fraction of physical metal on hand, to back up all those trades. As long as all the traders are content trading paper instead of physical, it works. But just like what happens when there's a run on the banks, and the banks don't actually have enough cash on hand to cover all the depositors, it doesn't take much of a panic to uncover the charade.
Supposedly, ETF's are redeemable for the actual metal (same as our paper currency used to be redeemable for "real money"). But, i've read of cases where large holders tried it, and found out the small print still allows "them" to cash you out with steadily depreciating paper currency, like it or not.

1A16CD51-4983-4389-98FD-2DC5B7BCCCD1.png

I've only followed silver for 5 years or so, but I remember that it would go up every year from mid December on. Prices should start falling around March, if past trends hold.

I'm gonna bundle up a little silver at spot to sell today. Not a lot, probably $100-ish worth.
Just a heads up. It will be a mixed bag of generic rounds, a couple Franklins and couple Peace dollars.

Back
Top Bottom