• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

2018-12-31_7-59-50_0.jpg

Gold beat the S&P for the first time in a long time. I look for more of the same in 2019.

question

im pretty sure that metals are exempt from sales tax, or at least US currency and junk silver. but does this mean we have to start kicking in 4% on our online orders for silver/gold? will it depend on the product??

I didn't get a reply from apmex yet but jmbullions website says they will begin collecting tax on only two items: 1) those that are accessories (aka coin tubes and flips) and 2) processed items (aka colorized or statues/figurines).

Looks like coinage amd generic silver is protected......for the time being

I didn't get a reply from apmex yet but jmbullions website says they will begin collecting tax on only two items: 1) those that are accessories (aka coin tubes and flips) and 2) processed items (aka colorized or statues/figurines).

Looks like coinage amd generic silver is protected......for the time being

Coinage(currency) is about the only thing government cannot tax.

best thing ive heard is to compare how much gold/silver could buy in terms of gas then compare to todays price, its pretty close

a quarter was national average in 1964, a silver quarter melt value is like 2.30 or something, thats close to the average or what i pay around here

And melt value, 1/26/19 is 3.07 for a quarter. I like these posts also.

Back
Top Bottom