• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

The graph is showing that there was a enormous amount of money not in circulation when it was created during the QE. It's entering circulation and that is a large part of the inflation I believe. There is also a long way to go.
Adjust the graph to pre 9/11.
Then include 9/11 (a big deal right?)
Then include the peak.
I get it. Stuff we all already know, but, look at it 3 months from now and see what they are doing. I do anyway.
sorry, im a block head. adjust the graph? qe wasnt a policy until 2008, how can i adjust graph to before then or am i looking at inflation?

i admit that alot of my financial moves are based on short sighted impacts; im not familiar with ebb and flows in markets. but IMO quantative easing doesnt fix or change a market path in long run, it just induces bubbles and blips via mid range impact (like two graphs one with and without QE will start and end at same place but the slope is changing versus constant over time)

I read an article where some people are hoarding cash as they believe there will be a cash shortage.
I don't understand hoarding cash when money supply is saturated with fast run large investment bank transactions that devalue the real wage dollar

I could see holding money but cash?? Ya not unless the treasury and large banks were pushing reducing the printing of physical cash. Even then cash has no intrinsic value, would be a hard sell for me

There might be a narrow band of circumstances where cash might be advantageous above other assets, the only cases I can imagine are short term power outages or a loss in confidence among sellers as to plastic payment methods due to hacking or other circumstances. In 30 years the average person under 16 won’t know what currency was or why they used it.

There might be a narrow band of circumstances where cash might be advantageous above other assets, the only cases I can imagine are short term power outages or a loss in confidence among sellers as to plastic payment methods due to hacking or other circumstances. In 30 years the average person under 16 won’t know what currency was or why they used it.
You mean people used to use beads and coins to perform transactions? No way old man!! How could you pay for something without your smartphone

I don't understand hoarding cash when money supply is saturated with fast run large investment bank transactions that devalue the real wage dollar

I could see holding money but cash?? Ya not unless the treasury and large banks were pushing reducing the printing of physical cash. Even then cash has no intrinsic value, would be a hard sell for me

Most of the money is digital, banks can’t cover it all if the public went to withdraw it all out!!

Digital currency makes it easier for the government to seize some or all of it's citizens money.
https://cashmoneylife.com/can-the-us-government-seize-your-401k-or-ira/
There is also the fact that for the government to keep increasing it's power it knows it has to control the people to prevent an uprising. And to control the people, the government must control freedom of movement(i.e. digital currency, the TSA, Driverless-Cars). Think 10, 20, 40yrs from now.

Back
Top Bottom