• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

I've always been a numismatic collector .Especially Morgan's and other silver dollars but I've got some halves also. I prefer graded coins but I'm game for good condition.
I like halves too - Walking Liberties, Barbers and a very few Bust halves - love the earlier ones but they sure aren't cheap. Have just periodically grabbed whatever appealed to me without much rhyme or reason. Flying Eagles, they are still a weakness, though I haven't bought any in a while.

Am not a baller, but will find some things to post up. Will check and see what I can let go of without too much Sturm und Drang. Should at least be easier to part with than stainless revolvers!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm discouraged with saving silver ! The market has always been dictated by large companies, but when this scare happened a great time to buy right? Not hardly. Sub 12$ an ounce was a temporary dream if you could find silver but then the major silver companies raise there premium to 5 and some to above 12 bucks per ounce over spot. I think I may change hobbies, we the hoarder's (loose or lose said term) are being taken advantage of because of our needing to protect our cash flow. I know it always happens . I think I'll go back to my numismatic collecting.

I've had silver for 20+ years and have made a good profit. I still have a significant amount but feel that it is too much. I will probably sell 200 ounces just to keep everything on a positive.
I will still have plenty in case of a windfall but for once, I'm uncertain.

Go ahead and get some at $20 without waiting 6-8 weeks on a preorder. I'm not saying you're wrong but for the last week I've sold from $24-$30 and it goes like wildfire.

That’s great, but I’m not a buyer or trader at $24-$30, I’m waiting on a couple sub $15 an ounce orders to fill, I don’t think the world is going to end buy the time my 3 orders of 100+ ounces come in. So I can wait to add to my stack at a good price and not panic and pay $24-30 like the ones buying from you. I’m comfortable with my stack, but I will add to it at a reasonable price, why I bought a 100+ when it was below $15 and they had not gouged the premiums to where they are now.

I've had silver for 20+ years and have made a good profit. I still have a significant amount but feel that it is too much. I will probably sell 200 ounces just to keep everything on a positive.
I will still have plenty in case of a windfall but for once, I'm uncertain.

Me too, probably 30 plus years of buying and selling silver. My main concern is numismatic collecting, preference being Morgan's certified by ngc or pcgs.

That’s great, but I’m not a buyer or trader at $24-$30, I’m waiting on a couple sub $15 an ounce orders to fill, I don’t think the world is going to end buy the time my 3 orders of 100+ ounces come in. So I can wait to add to my stack at a good price and not panic and pay $24-30 like the ones buying from you. I’m comfortable with my stack, but I will add to it at a reasonable price, why I bought a 100+ when it was below $15 and they had not gouged the premiums to where they are now.
Just to be clear I do auctions, and they start at spot. I wouldn't list that high above spot or take advantage of people. However, if they bid it up that high I'm not refusing it either. The whole facebook numismatic community is up in arms and most everyone is looking for spot deals and not finding them. I just got a 100oz vintage bar for 1650 so I'm happy, just had to look really hard for it lol.

I'm a 30-year hobbyist only.
1878 CC
1878cc.jpg

1882cc1.jpg

I prefer gold over silver (old U.S. coins only):
goldcoins.jpg

Favorite coin:
St-Gaudens3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom