• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

lmfao

selling, lol talk about myopic. just wait till russia rugs the USD by borrowing from china and both china and russia say "no you cant pay me with US dollar"
Europe is having a bank crisis, since Russian bank provided overnight loans to Eeuripean banks. Now they can't.
China built an alternative to SWIFT, accepted in 188 countries. Rissia and India hopped on it last week.
PMs are going to the moon.

Europe is having a bank crisis, since Russian bank provided overnight loans to Eeuripean banks. Now they can't.
China built an alternative to SWIFT, accepted in 188 countries. Rissia and India hopped on it last week.
PMs are going to the moon.

Got silver/gold I have a lot of my collection I’m trying to convert :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't go through all 830 pages of this thread again, but I have questions...
Now, I don't hold any physical metals... (I did but I bought a puppy with them and then the puppy ran away). But I am a regular consumer of media that recommends having old dimes and silver rounds 'because that will be the barter economy one of these days.'
How exactly will such an economy work? I know that p2p transactions already happen on this forum. If I were hungry, what stores would be friendly to me walking in with a face dollar in junk silver and getting a bag of groceries or hamburgers for me and the wife?
If I were to go to (forum sponsoring store) would I be out of line to ask to pay in metals?
I doubt the last couple cases! There is ample rhetoric about "silver=real money=liberty" but the currency of 'non liberty' is the one anyone wants...
Are people who hold the view of silver as a barter currency just waiting for that bad-case scenario? Is there any desire for a parallel economy? How would one emplace that? It seems improbable to just move from cash to mayhem to silver without anyone having practice speaking in silver.

Does anyone in this thread have strong feelings about the above subject matter? This almost feels like it should be a separate thread, but I don't really want to hear from the crypto people.

Back
Top Bottom