• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

Ok so here's a question I asked myself. If you buy silver , gold , platinum, ect for financial security when the dollar ain't worth squat or economic collapse. How do you plan on using it to buy anything? Can't go to the Walmart and shave off some gold or silver to the cashier for your bread and milk. You gotta sell it to someone and they give you more worthless cash . Probably alot more then it took to buy it but all the same if it's not worth the paper it's printed on. Don't get me wrong I like silver , got some but more for the neat factor as they make some pretty cool bullion. My investment In precious metals are brass, copper, lead . You get the jist. Because when "bob" has gold bars and "john" has Ammo .....well john also has gold bars ; ) . It's was just a random thought that popped in my head a while back and I then changed my "investment strategy " what says you?

Ok so here's a question I asked myself. If you buy silver , gold , platinum, ect for financial security when the dollar ain't worth squat or economic collapse. How do you plan on using it to buy anything? Can't go to the Walmart and shave off some gold or silver to the cashier for your bread and milk. You gotta sell it to someone and they give you more worthless cash . Probably alot more then it took to buy it but all the same if it's not worth the paper it's printed on. Don't get me wrong I like silver , got some but more for the neat factor as they make some pretty cool bullion. My investment In precious metals are brass, copper, lead . You get the jist. Because when "bob" has gold bars and "john" has Ammo .....well john also has gold bars ; ) . It's was just a random thought that popped in my head a while back and I then changed my "investment strategy " what says you?
Are you going to pay the walmart bill with ammo???

I get how it works on an investment scale . I'm talking in economic collapse. Think Sri Lanka. They didn't give 2 poops about silver . If you can't get "spendable" money for it then it's as good as a pocket weight. And if your talking about normal investment buying your looking at a good bit of physical silver to make any real gains . Your paying over spot price for it , then minting costs, shipping if it ain't free, and when you sell its gonna go for spot price again.. you can buy virtual silver "stocks" and play that way. But my point is how to get a way to trade or buy with it if the country goes in the crapper..

Then start at the 1st video.

The answer is ALL. Become as self sufficient as possible. Have cash reserves. A way to earn a living when economy crashes. Harden your property. Learn to barter. Learn to garden and store food. PMs do not come on the scene until after country starts to rebuild.
And if you think you will just take what you need from others... You will make a good fertilizer for somebody....
I don't think your picking up what I'm laying down . You can watch all the you tube videos you want . I'm not talking about normal investment plans , I'm talking about people who buy for when SHTF situations like 3rd world countries and stuff. Lets go this route. If you bought 10k worth of silver when trump was in office and want to sell now how much do you think you would made? Now same thing 10k in ammo and now sell, how much would you have made.. it's all supply and demand. But if this powder keg goes off and we get some Sri Lanka up in here I'd rather have ammo to trade , barter, use to defend..

I am picking up it. You do not know the meaning of a word ALL. Reread what I had posted last.
And I probably know more about surviving in the economic collapse than you or 95% of the folks on ODT know.
I lived thru it once already.
Must have watched the you tube to get through it then . Lmao . 🤣 busting your chops. Like I said it was something that I was thinking about and it struck me as odd . I buy silver with cash to turn around and sell it for cash. And if the cash ain't worth crap the I just did a 360 ..

Anyway enough hijacked thread. Back to silver buying. Anyone got some of the ammo poured bullion? Saw them and looks cool to collect
Every time I decide I'm going to bite the bullet "pun Intended" and buy with the high premium it's sold out.

Back
Top Bottom