• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

It's been a while since I've run across this thread, and there are a lot of contributors to it I respect.

Question: I've been told in the distant past that these Englehard 10oz. silver bars (Series 11 from what I understand) have some kind of collectible value to them above the base metal. What is your opinion on this?

Just looking for an expectations reality check.

Thanks in advance.

Z

View attachment 5243620
I don't know how much more value they have over spot price but I do know that they're collectibles since Englehard hasn't produced any in several years. I have one that I got a deal on locally.
Anyway the point here is yeah they're worth more than spot to the right collecter.

It's been a while since I've run across this thread, and there are a lot of contributors to it I respect.

Question: I've been told in the distant past that these Englehard 10oz. silver bars (Series 11 from what I understand) have some kind of collectible value to them above the base metal. What is your opinion on this?

Just looking for an expectations reality check.

Thanks in advance.

Z

View attachment 5243620
BASF (German conglomerate Chemical company) purchased Engelhard in 2006. Note these are serialized, there is a bit of numismatic value, finding those buyers is issue. If you could decode the serial numbers and match those dates to Eagles that would put you in close range on pricing. Hope this helps. These are pretty cool, yes but how much over spot IDK.

Not for $150
9CCDBEC4-723E-469D-8061-EB1F71A9E077.jpeg

Anyone around west ga melt silver shot I have roughly 48 oz I want to melt into bars

Ditto, I need to find a local assayer.

My father bought two silver balls from a jeweler back in the 1960's when I was a kid. We've had these unmarked balls in the family for 60 years. I think the jeweler melted down his scrap silver, and perhaps thinking pre-1964 coinage would soon become "illegal" to own, melted down some coins as well.

Need to get these converted into something more fungible. Each one weighs in at more than 60 oz.

Z

silver balls.jpg

Back
Top Bottom