• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OFFICIAL USA vs PORTUGAL

Oh, there is plenty of drama in group stage play, but it's not based on only one game. It's based on points so that a team doesn't go home home based on one loss (they could be having a bad day). The top two teams in each group (most points) moves on to the knockout stages, which is where you lose, you go home. It's also where there are no draws as extra time and/or penalty kicks will declare a winner that moves on.

So, in other words:

It is based on an incredibly corrupt FIFA's referees and how many penalty cards get thrown for people flopping around with fake injuries.

First time I ever saw a fake injury penalty, I tuned out. I have no patience or tolerance for that level of complete BS.

Any "sport" which allows this level of corruption is not interesting to me. No one was anywhere around her. Not within 50 ft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares?

The sport still sucks.

Wussies falling down and clearly faking injury (who miraculously jump right back up one the card is thrown.)

Unbelievable corruption, worthy of Obama's admin:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brazil...-s-steadfast-corruption-235458789-soccer.html

I think I'm gonna pass. I don't care how big it may be, once I see some fool flopping around like a fish to draw a penalty, I'm out. I got better things to do with my time (even if everyone else doesn't.)

Boring+corrupt=Me not watching

you speak as if it's only done in soccer. faking injuries and fouls are done in the NBA, NHL, NFL, Rugby, Cricket, you name it. every sport has those guys. according to your comments, you shouldn't watch any sport, b/c they all do it.

If the shoe fits...

That is the difference. You can tell me you hate football and I don't give a flying ****. Tell some soccer *** you don't like soccer and he losses his god forsaken mind.

I'm not a 100%, but calling people homo's on here is probably not the best way to pick up HVAC business. IMO.

Your translations are entertaining, J. lol. You're right about corruption, though. It's big money and a lot of these countries have corrupt governments so you bet the enterprising will want their cut. In Colombia they've threatened and killed players and referees over an outcome or lack of compliance. I don't care much for FIFA either, but I don't tune in for FIFA. I just like watching good teams compete with each other and to root on the US.

The over-dramatization and blatantly fake injuries do spoil it sometimes, but they can be comical. I guess it depends on how you look at it. In actuality, injuries that glaringly fake are not common at all, but they do get a lot of attention.

I'm not a 100%, but calling people homo's on here is probably not the best way to pick up HVAC business. IMO.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised at the level of ignorance displayed on this one too. Not liking any given sport is one thing, but "soccer homos" and "retards" - really? What are you like 15, capt.? lol. Carry on.

Your translations are entertaining, J. lol. You're right about corruption, though. It's big money and a lot of these countries have corrupt governments so you bet the enterprising will want their cut. In Colombia they've threatened and killed players and referees over an outcome or lack of compliance. I don't care much for FIFA either, but I don't tune in for FIFA. I just like watching good teams compete with each other and to root on the US.

The over-dramatization and blatantly fake injuries do spoil it sometimes, but they can be comical. I guess it depends on how you look at it. In actuality, injuries that glaringly fake are not common at all, but they do get a lot of attention.

I'm the same. 2018 in Russia will be more corrupt than Brasil. I love to root for my country and I like to see all the great players get split back up to their national teams. makes for great play. to me, football is more exciting and dramatic b/c the goals are so far and few. watching tom brady drop a 50yd bomb in the endzone is no biggie, b/c you see it every Saturday and sunday during football season. though I like American football, i'd much rather go to a soccer match any day.
I can't wait for Arthur blank to bring an MLS team to Atlanta. me and some buddies are talking about getting season tix. should be pretty cheap.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised at the level of ignorance displayed on this one too. Not liking any given sport is one thing, but "soccer homos" and "retards" - really? What are you like 15, capt.? lol. Carry on.

I like dave, he does great work and I've referred friends to him. but to people new to the site that don't know him, those comments are gonna cost him business. again, my opinion.

Yep-

I guess that is the way to look at it.

There are some good players, and some of what they do is impressive, but FIFA totally ruins it for me. I think a whole lot of Americans get turned off when they see that fake injury BS.

Sure-there is cheating in other sports, but I don't see it anywhere near that level. Maybe if they were to clean up the corruption of FIFA and you had games which were fairly called, more people would get into it.

In its current form, it ain't for me. They got to get rid of that flopping around like you're hurt BS.

you speak as if it's only done in soccer. faking injuries and fouls are done in the NBA, NHL, NFL, Rugby, Cricket, you name it. every sport has those guys. according to your comments, you shouldn't watch any sport, b/c they all do it.

Maybe there is a little cheating, and some bad calls, but not anywhere near the level of soccer.

I'm just stating what my turn-off is. I know it doesn't bother a lot of people, but the first time I saw that crap, I was done. I know some of it is kinda comical-but it really cheeses me off. I can't respect any sport where that kind of thing is the norm.

Back
Top Bottom