• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Officiating

You'll like this guy:

Wow. This is typical modern liberal misdirection. Instead of dealing with the obvious facts you bring up folks off the deep end - conspiracy theorists- and ridicule the person, ignoring the facts. Same thing the Clintons and the government do when caught red handed.
I ain’t buying it.

He's definitely changed over the years, slowly. He used to NEVER tolerate some of the things he does now. He honestly used to seem to be more concerned about discipline and developing the players as young men than winning. I know that may sound strange given his singular focus but it definitely appeared true. Now it seems like he's more concerned about the outcome and less about the journey which is a shame and it seems counterintuitive. His contract is secure until his apparently pending retirement so I don't understand the softening of his stance. You'd think if anything it would go the other way. :noidea:
It's called booster / mega money donor influence as well as bonus money tied to winning the national championship! I'm a Gator I'm not a fan of either team I do not have a dog in this fight . BUT ! That was a very poorly officiated game !

Wow. This is typical modern liberal misdirection. Instead of dealing with the obvious facts you bring up folks off the deep end - conspiracy theorists- and ridicule the person, ignoring the facts. Same thing the Clintons and the government do when caught red handed.
I ain’t buying it.

I'm not ridiculing Geaux. We've been talking about questionable football officiating for years on here.

The problem with that one was that EITHER WAY it was called (in bounds or out) it would not have been over turned. I agree the right real time call appears to be that he stepped out, but it was the right call per the rules not to overturn as it was not incontrovertible evidence. I'm sure we've both seen even clearer incorrect calls not get over turned and "stands as called". Also, there is no way to know if that call had any points implications. Yes the TD would have been called back but first down from right there, at that time of the game, house money was a pending TD regardless. Hardly the samite as the offsides/false start blocked field goal which even the most biased fan knows would have at LEAST resulted in a field goal if not a TD and overtime would have never happened. Had that been reviewable, there is no way it would have stand. But yes, per the rules, not reviewable. I'm not arguing about the guys in the booth. I'm arguing about the blatantly incompetent (or worse) ones on the field.

First off, UGA fan here. I agree there were a lot of missed calls. Mostly benefiting the Tide. However, on the field goal play. If the officials had gotten the call right, the play would have been blown dead for the false start resulting in the Tide being backed up 5 yds and kicking again. Chances are UGA wouldn’t have blocked 2 in a row. Hardly a guaranteed field goal or td.

I give the W to the Alabama defense. They kept UGA’s offensive off the field which resulted in the defense being completely wore out. Just my opinion. Ymmv.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First off, UGA fan here. I agree there were a lot of missed calls. Mostly benefiting the Tide. However, on the field goal play. If the officials had gotten the call right, the play would have been blown dead for the false start resulting in the Tide being backed up 5 yds and kicking again. Chances are UGA wouldn’t have blocked 2 in a row. Hardly a guaranteed field goal or td.

I give the W to the Alabama defense. They kept UGA’s offensive off the field which resulted in the defense being completely wore out. Just my opinion. Ymmv.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They didn't have to catch the false start. They just had to not make up an offside that clearly wasn't. Georgia ball, guaranteed score.

Back
Top Bottom