• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Officiating

Yeah, I really don't know either. I'd like to think it's all on the up-and-up and a ref seemingly staring directly at a penalty might have had his eyes glazed over dreaming about tacos or something instead of having bias towards one team. At the end of the day, yes, UGA should not have been burned deep on 2nd and 26, but if certain calls do or don't go a certain way it never even gets to that point.
Exactly. If it was ONE call that's life. Several like it was and its a disgrace. Intentional or not.

So the officials didn't dominate the first half too? Must have been because Georgia scored all the points that half? Gotcha..........
That's cause they outplayed Alsbama, I understand why this conversation has went on so long, we have to explain to you Alabama fans as you can't comprehend too well. It's like babies have to have a bottle cause they can't or don't know how to chew meat.(or the truth). You'll never get me. I can take and you better be able to also, as I may hurt your feelings.

Ok, so a call or no call on anything presented in that video wouldn't have impacted the game? If UGA isn't called offsides when they block the punt an almost guaranteed FG or TD changes the outcome.
It should have been a dead ball, back up 5 yards and kick again because it was a false start. It was a bad call but the punt block wouldn't have been upheld. Let's not get carried away.

It should have been a dead ball, back up 5 yards and kick again because it was a false start. It was a bad call but the punt block wouldn't have been upheld. Let's not get carried away.

Good point, but that's part of the "discussion" we're having here. Rather than Bama being penalized, UGA was. Had the refs not called a penalty at all and let the UGA blocked punt stand then Bama would have a legit complaint - "but we were offsides!". In any event, had this call been made correctly it would not have been material to the outcome. Other calls/no calls certainly could have been:

• Bama off-sides on game-tying score - assess penalty, it's 4th and 9 and they most likely kick a FG
  • Fromm roughing is called. Drive extended to Bama 25 yard-line with almost guaranteed points. Instead they punt. This non-call is perhaps the most impactful.
  • Swift facemask is called. Drive extended to UGA 44 and who knows?

Good point, but that's part of the "discussion" we're having here. Rather than Bama being penalized, UGA was. Had the refs not called a penalty at all and let the UGA blocked punt stand then Bama would have a legit complaint - "but we were offsides!"
The Georgia defender jumped the snap with perfect timing which looks a lot like offsides. It was a bad call. That being said, I can see how someone could be looking right at this and get it wrong. It's not evidence of some conspiracy.

Ok, I give up, y'all Georgia folks win the argument. But they still didn't win the game, that's what counts.

GeauxLSU GeauxLSU isn't a UGA fan. I am. I also can use logic and recognize inconsistent officiating. Show me the calls/non-calls on the opposing side and I'll concede. Geaux has no "dawg" in this fight, so I trust he watched this much more objectively than you and I did.

So your position is since they didn't call a penalty that actually WAS, it is OK that they called one that was NOT? All righty then... And THAT is why there is no discussing anything with biased fans who have as their guiding ethical principle, " What did the score board say?"

Back
Top Bottom