• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ok FedEx.............

Seems normal for 2 day delivery.
All of the small package carriers use the hub and spoke system.
For Fed-ex Air, most packages are shipped to the main sort facility in Memphis and combined with other packages for the destination area from around the country.

Picked up on Wednesday
Transferred to Regional Air hub on Wednesday afternoon
Transferred to Main Air Hub in Memphis to Regional air hub on Thursday.
Transferred to extended air facility in Madison on Friday.
Next step would be a destination scan when it arrives at the destination facility.
When it is loaded on the delivery truck is will receive an Out for Delivery.

Awww yes another "fedex post" almost a weekly thing on ODT now

Since I work for fedex ground on and off since 2014, I will explain once and for all what is going on so we can stop making these post.

Short staff....

That's really it. No drivers, no package handlers, load planners, etc.

Also cdl drivers (like me) are holding out for more money. Example: they want to pay me $250 a day for my route and I want $400. We couldn't come to a agreement so I didn't go in last night. Pretty simple.

You better do your Christmas shopping now, cause it's not looking good.

Fed-ex Ground service definitely needs improvement; however, Fed-ex Air has been on time for me so far.
If it is important, I normally pay the extra fee to have it shipped 2 day Air.

ETA in Cumming next Thursday - from Kennesaw :

1635516054338.png

Awww yes another "fedex post" almost a weekly thing on ODT now

Since I work for fedex ground on and off since 2014, I will explain once and for all what is going on so we can stop making these post.

Short staff....

That's really it. No drivers, no package handlers, load planners, etc.

Also cdl drivers (like me) are holding out for more money. Example: they want to pay me $250 a day for my route and I want $400. We couldn't come to a agreement so I didn't go in last night. Pretty simple.

You better do your Christmas shopping now, cause it's not looking good.
You can explain stuff all you want….it will make no diff. They still gonna start threads bashing them (and any other carrier that cant do the job they are paid for) until they get their stuff.
Not bashing on you by any means, it is the company. If they cannot pay what it takes to keep employees happy and working….then they may as well shut down.
It they want to pay $250 instead of $400, then they will get a $250 employee. Obviously that kind of employee doesnt do the job in a timely fashion as they advertise. You get what you pay for. You treat folks like crap, then you get crap work.

You can explain stuff all you want….it will make no diff. They still gonna start threads bashing them (and any other carrier that cant do the job they are paid for) until they get their stuff.
Not bashing on you by any means, it is the company. If they cannot pay what it takes to keep employees happy and working….then they may as well shut down.
It they want to pay $250 instead of $400, then they will get a $250 employee. Obviously that kind of employee doesnt do the job in a timely fashion as they advertise. You get what you pay for. You treat folks like crap, then you get crap work.
I am reminded of my in-laws who lived under Communist Czechoslovakia who talked about work and pay and the attributes of both. My FIL used to say, "Communists (Russians) pretended to pay me - and I pretended to work."

Back
Top Bottom